Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's go time!

Options
  • 28-08-2008 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

GGRRRRR!!! I just typed a bit spiel and my computer froze and it's gone!

Name's Joe, i'm 25, 6' and 13.5 stone, I'm not gonna type it all up again but long story short i'm determined to get in shape and hopefully keeping track of my progress here will help. I'll post more details as I go....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

hiya joe ,keeping a log is great as its almost a reminder of a promise you've kept to yourself(god ive gotten deep there!!!)
    anyway you know what i mean . other posters look in on your log and are very supportive so it does encourage you if you are feeling " is this worth while" beleive me it is .
    so best of luck in your training and log

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoeMartin

Cheers Sungod.

Day 1 - I have a bike and cross trainer at home so I've no excuse not to be on those most days. Played golf this morning so just did an hour in the afternoon

10 mins on bike - 4.8km
    20 mins on cross trainer - 5.3km
    20 mins on bike - 9.7km

I've never really done weights so I got some dumbells and spent half an hour with those. Does anyone have any weights advice for the absolute amateur? I read other peoples logs and the weights talk is pretty foreign to me, I literally don't know my military press from my single arm tricep extention, the shame.

My diet is ok, again i'm no expert but i've cut out all the crisps, chocolate, coke that i was having and started to eat more fruit and drink water. Other than that my meals are pretty healthy (mostly). Pints are down to once a week at the most as are takeaways. I'm not gonna type everything I eat here but i'll put it in if (when) i've fallen off the wagon.

Will weigh myself tomorrow and every Friday to see how i'm getting on.

Advertisement