Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

edinburgh

• 28-08-2008 3:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on going to edinburgh for a year to work.I was going to wait till the end of october to go over but I was wondering what the situation is with accom
    (house/flat share) and jobs(pub/club/restaurant) around that time?or would it be better to go over there asap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm only just back from there, was there for a month so got a semi-decent feel for the place.

There seems to be plenty of work going, plenty of signs in windows of restraunts and shops and that kind of thing and as far as I can tell there is plenty of accommodation that shouldn't be too difficult to sort out, but there is a pretty big university there so all the students moving there to study would take up a lot of the night jobs like bars and clubs and the stuff you mentioned, as well as pick up any decent places to live that might suit someone moving over who is living on a budget.

My advice would be to move over sooner rather than later in case all the decent jobs and digs are taken up when you move over mid-semester

Advertisement