Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney best short term (2 Months) Accomodation options

Options
  • 28-08-2008 5:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi All,

Im looking to rent a place in Sydney as opposed to staying in Hostels for the duration of my time there. There have been a few advertisments in the backpackers mags about short term apartments. Could someone recommend any of these there are two of us.

Really appreciate any help, will be arriving at the start of oct.

Thanks

Maggie Moo :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Maggie Moo wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im looking to rent a place in Sydney as opposed to staying in Hostels for the duration of my time there. There have been a few advertisments in the backpackers mags about short term apartments. Could someone recommend any of these there are two of us.

Really appreciate any help, will be arriving at the start of oct.

Thanks

Maggie Moo :)

IMO your best bet is to book your first few nights in a hostel and then start from there. The hostel will be full of backpacker magazines that will have companies listed. I cant recommend any as I didn't use any. We found our accommodation in Sydney and Melbourne through local message boards that can normally be found in hostels and supermarkets.

To be honest the best way to find accommodation is through leg work, and by getting to know other people and other backpackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

As Alan said best to stay in a hostel first . Just so you can check out the units ( yeah they're called units here ) before you confirm to rent .

Have to say most place look for a sizable depoist and some of the time ref from your work . So what you might find yourself doing is moving in with someone who already is renting .

A web site worth a look is Rental Accommodation in Australia

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

a good shortterm website for backpackers is
    www.gumtree.com.au

Advertisement