Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would be an ideal Dublin tour trip? Ideas please...

Options
  • 28-08-2008 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Right so what would it be? I was thinking, Christ Church, Viking centre, Kilmainham, Patrick's (I was never even in that church myself, nor Christ Church for that matter), Stephen's Green, Merrion Sq, Croke Park.

Need a little more to fill the day which is all happening this Sunday.

Please leave suggestions of where you would bring a foreigner on tour in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Guiness Storehouse, Trinity college (book of kells), Temple bar, Phoenix park, Jameson thingie in Smithfield.

[edit] sounds like the tour bus would be ideal [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The hop-on hop-off bus tour is great.

An alternative would be a Bray to Howth Dart trip, getting off at the nicer stops in the city center, Howth etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jay D wrote: »
    Right so what would it be? I was thinking......... Croke Park
    Double header this Sunday. The Tyrone/Wexford semi-final and the Cork/Kerry semi-final replay. Tickets are available AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

there is also the national art gallery, museum of modern art (in kilmainham near the gaol) hugh lane gallery, garden of remembrance, museum of decorative arts and history at collins barracks, museum of archaeology and history, dalky castle, martello tower and joyce museum at sandycove, there is another church St Murchans (i think) near Christchurch where they have bodies that were mummified - never been myself but sounds cool....Herbert Park, Malahide Castle, howth head, the zoo, waterways visitor centre, dublin city hall (in town not the offices at wood quay) and I could keep writing but it really depends on who you are bringing on this tour of dublin and what you/their interests are and if its raining or not.....there is enough here between my post and the other posts to keep you going for a week!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Sounds savage if youre bringing around a bus load of 50+ american/japanese tourists.

Otherwise I'd just bring them around town, then to the GAA match at the weekend then to one of the post-match bars to experience the real Irish atmosphere. If they want to go on the dodgey-old tourist no-atmosphere-historical places like Dvblinia then they'll ask.

Kilmainham Gaol is good though I must say...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

there is another church St Murchans (i think) near Christchurch where they have bodies that were mummified - never been myself

That's St Michans and well worth a visit!
    mummies_of_st_michans.htm

spaceylou wrote: »
    St Murchans (i think) near Christchurch
    Sundew wrote: »
    That's St Michans and well worth a visit!
    ....and it's across the Liffey in Church Street, Dublin 7.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

dublin castle - good tour there, particularily the underground stuff and chester beatty libruary

phoenix park - on a nice day, great stroll lots of nice things to see , amazed hiw big it is - free too

croker museum and staduim tour - every 7 year old in side ya would be dying to jump the fence and play imaginery football on the pitch (or just get a football)

collins barracks musuem is quality and free too

croker museum and staduim tour
    Not available on match days (the OP is referring to this Sunday). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

The viking boat tour is a good laugh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement