Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone - Looks ridiculous?

• 28-08-2008 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

I have to get this off my chest, everybody is banging on about the iphone being fantastic and paying big money for them etc etc... i own an itouch and think it is a great gadget so im not an apple hater or anything.

Anyhoo, is it just me or is the i-phone ridiculous looking when someone takes or makes a call? a guy in work has one and he looks like he has forgotten his headphones and trying to listen to his music with this brick stuck his cheek. Seriously they are one ugly phone and they dont fit in a pair of jeans!!!!! in short i think it is a POSERS phone.

I like apple i really do but get the feeling the apple dev and research team where in a meeting one day trying to figure out how to sell the stockpile of 8gb itouchs and somebody pipes up "lets stick a phone in the sucker, that'll shift them".

My two cents

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Donkey Kong

well the pundits disagree with you Jaysooe... I have an issue where o2.ie are the sole operator. we need more competion. the phone is cool. get over it. an itouch you can make calls with and view maps. come on its the ultimate tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I disagree on the looks thing, the technology i dont doubt is good. It just looks stupid when making calls and does not fit in my tight jeans.

"HELLO, YES IM ON MY IPHONE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

There doesn't seem to be that many about - I have yet to see someone using an iPhone in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it may be "cool" but you can't deny it's a posers phone. There's no way it's worth what they're charging for it but they know people will pay it because it's not about the phone, it's about the cool

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Jaysoose wrote: »
    It just looks stupid when making calls and does not fit in my tight jeans.

i dont know what kind of jeans you wear....but my iphone fits perfectly in any type of jeans / trousers i wear :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

i think the op sounds like a bit of a cock. It's a decent phone and doesnt look ridiculous. I'm sure you buy lots of things based on their cool factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

probably those skinny emo jeans that are soooooo cool and in fashion right now. Pockets are too tight on them for it to fit
    sandt wrote: »
    i dont know what kind of jeans you wear....but my iphone fits perfectly in any type of jeans / trousers i wear :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I personally don't like the look of it either. Maybe we should form a support group.

i've seen a few people with the iphone... midlife crisis alert or look at me I am trying so hard to be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Have you a little willy?

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote: »
    i think the op sounds like a bit of a cock. It's a decent phone and doesnt look ridiculous. I'm sure you buy lots of things based on their cool factor

East tiger, maybe you can ring me on your iphone and we can discuss your need to insult strangers on an internet forum safe in the knowledge that we will never meet face to face.

Im sure it fits perfectly and creates a perfect brick shaped outline in your slacks. :)

FX Meister wrote: »
    probably those skinny emo jeans that are soooooo cool and in fashion right now. Pockets are too tight on them for it to fit

Your attitude stinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Barty

i own an itouch and think it is a great gadget..........
    Seriously they are one ugly phone and they dont fit in a pair of jeans!

Surely if your itouch fits in your jeans so would an iphone and you wouldn't have to carry around your phone aswell so you'll have even more rooms in your jeans ;)

I bought one of the 3G iphones - when I got it first it felt a bit weird holding an 'ipod' to your ear as I have been used to my nokia 6310s but you get used to it after awhile.
    As for the way they look, compared to some smart phones I think they look alright

Barty wrote: »
    Surely if your itouch fits in your jeans so would an iphone and you wouldn't have to carry around your phone aswell so you'll have even more rooms in your jeans

I bought one of the 3G iphones - when I got it first it felt a bit weird holding an 'ipod' to your ear as I have been used to my nokia 6310s but you get used to it after awhile.
    As for the way they look, compared to some smart phones I think they look alright

I carry my itouch in my manbag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I dont see what the issue is here OP if you dont like it or your hands are too small to hold it dont buy it.

I have purchased one I dont feel silly holding it against my head i do find it easier and more functional to use with the headset provided so that while im talking on the phone i can also surf the net, I also dont find it in anyway too large for the pockets of my trousers.

But I think the real reason for this thread is you dont have one and your jealous

Well i do so there:P

Rob_l wrote: »
    I dont see what the issue is here OP if you dont like it or your hands are too small to hold it dont buy it.

I have purchased one I dont feel silly holding it against my head i do find it easier and more functional to use with the headset provided so that while im talking on the phone i can also surf the net, I also dont find it in anyway too large for the pockets of my trousers.

But I think the real reason for this thread is you dont have one and your jealous

Well i do so there:P

You couldnt be more wrong about the jealousy thing its just a personal opinion i have and they remind me a bit of dom joly on trigger happy tv with his giant mobile phone in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

You couldnt be more wrong about the jealousy thing its just a personal opinion i have and they remind me a bit of dom joly on trigeger happy tv with his giant mobile phone in the library.

it seems more like a personal issue than a personal opinion perhaps you should try here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Its not a giant phone, the size of the phone directly relates to the screen size but if your still stuck in your small pockets small screen world thats cool but it doesn't really make the iphone silly now does it :D

Rob_l wrote: »
    it seems more like a personal issue than a personal opinion perhaps you should try here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Its not a giant phone, the size of the phone directly relates to the screen size but if your still stuck in your small pockets small screen world thats cool but it doesn't really make the iphone silly now does it :D

You do realise the small pockets thing was a joke right?

Im not on my own here other posters in this thread have backed up my opinion and the iphone supporters are in the minority so ...meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Whether you like them or not is a matter of opinion, you only have to look at the variety of clothes people are wearing so see we have all different tastes (some really bad:eek:).
    I personally wont buy one until they are more affordable. Bet you never heard this phrase before "Rip Off Republic".

I spend most of my hard earned Euros buying on-line or across the border in N.I. . DVDs,Clothes,Phones & beer, no comparison.

• Advertisement

Whether you like them or not is a matter of opinion, you only have to look at the variety of clothes people are wearing so see we have all different tastes (some really bad:eek:).
    I personally wont buy one until they are more affordable. Bet you never heard this phrase before "Rip Off Republic".

I spend most of my hard earned Euros buying on-line or across the border in N.I. . DVDs,Clothes,Phones & beer, no comparison.

Being from the north i gotta agree and go home once a month to do the 'BIG SHOP' in the local asda near my folks, its scary how badly the republic's shops, offies, supermarkets are rippin people off down here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

it's not as bad as someone using one of those wide blackberrys up to their ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

it's not as bad as someone using one of those wide blackberrys up to their ear

Yes , they do look a bit odd.

jazsoose - you need to chill down. there is an iphone nano comming out and it wont look stupid when your calling it. but maybe its too cool for you and your tight jeans...:cool:

Donkey Kong, ipod nano phone? will apple be making it touch screen?

Donkey Kong, ipod nano phone? will apple be making it touch screen?

I expect so... no keyboard on the nano as it is - google it.

i think it will work well in your pocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1bGYMudv0

foobar wrote: »

I have one of those phones. battery life is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Couldn't care less how a phone looks as long as it's a good phone and the fact of the matter is that the iPhone for a supposedly high end phone and despite all the money spent on advertising/ marketing isn't half as good as phones like the LG Viewty, LG would've spent a fraction of the price Apple did on advertising/marketing too, basically those in the know use an LG or even a Nokia N95.;)

iPhone = waste of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

In all seriousness, who would want a piece of glass against their face when on a call? I know if I put my handset against my ear to take a call I have to wipe the screen afterwards, and that's only on a standard size screen.

Also, it's common knowledge that the iPhone, like the iPod, is a device that a lot of people buy because they are popular, and not just because of its functionality. Why is everyone going mad for a device that has been out for years in the form of the countless PDAs, smartphones and other handheld business devices by manufacturers such as Palm, Dell, HP, HTC etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement