Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone - Looks ridiculous?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Rsaeire wrote: »
    In all seriousness, who would want a piece of glass against their face when on a call? I know if I put my handset against my ear to take a call I have to wipe the screen afterwards, and that's only on a standard size screen.

Also, it's common knowledge that the iPhone, like the iPod, is a device that a lot of people buy because they are popular, and not just because of its functionality. Why is everyone going mad for a device that has been out for years in the form of the countless PDAs, smartphones and other handheld business devices by manufacturers such as Palm, Dell, HP, HTC etc?

I think the bigger question is why are so many people getting so annoyed about people buying iphones, i mean what is the real issue you ahve with it why get annoyed or consumed with anger because other people like a piece of electronics and you dont.

Surely this is not the first time you have ever seen a "consumer electronic" device that you were not overly impressed about. Anyway in Summation let it go its only an electronic device it doesn't really care if you dont like it so the only one getting annoyed is you not my precious iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Riche670

Capitalism...

They tell us what to like, what to buy, what to do, how to act... we're all puppets really.

Besides, the N96 will blow it away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Rob_l wrote: »
    I think the bigger question is why are so many people getting so annoyed about people buying iphones, i mean what is the real issue you ahve with it why get annoyed or consumed with anger because other people like a piece of electronics and you dont.

Surely this is not the first time you have ever seen a "consumer electronic" device that you were not overly impressed about. Anyway in Summation let it go its only an electronic device it doesn't really care if you dont like it so the only one getting annoyed is you not my precious iPhone

I am far from getting annoyed or angry about the iPhone and find it humorous that you could see as such from my comments.

My main point is that people seem to be blinded by the obvious fact that the iPhone is a glorified fashion accessory. Yes, it does do a lot of things well and it does have a very intuitive UI, however, it also has a lot of failings and we can all see the sheer amount of people buying these handsets, that wouldn't have dreamed of buying such a device before, because it is an item that is the next big thing, that is lusted after by many and which was so exclusive at launch that owning one would make you instantly "cool" for obtaining one.

Seriously, we had it with the iPod i.e. everyone wanting one because it was deemed “cool” when there were clearly better and cheaper alternatives, and now we have it with the iPhone; some people will never learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got the iPhone as a portable internet device and iPod. I have a work phone and I used about 50 minutes and 30 texts out of the minimum package I have with O2. I currently have used 400megs of data this month however, and I use WiFi at home, so my actual usage is higher.

As a phone, it's not realliy that practical, hence why I have my W910i. But as an internet device, it's the best out there short of a tablet PC. Whatever about the recent hooha with the ASI (flash, java not supported etc), I've never had any problems with any site I've ever used on it.

And most reponses I get are 'Cool. Where do I get one?'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

the iphone has some great apps, wifi etc. Its great. posers by phones to pose. Those of us who dont pose buy it because of its features.

For the record, jailbroken iphones ftw!! Feck that o2 contract crap!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

not sure what the point of this was... but seems like it's run it's course...

p.s. insulting each other on thread isn't a good idea...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement