Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Zep reunion on again - or maybe not

• 28-08-2008 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Page, Jones and Bonham are jamming again
    clicky
    and
    again

No sign of Plant though

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I saw that alright!
    Mad stuff.
    Its strange that it only came from Bonham's young fella though as opposed to the Zepp themselves.
    Though Bonham is currently the drummer in Foreigner, and he is leaving the band in the next few months, so maybe that points to going at it full tilt and freeing up his schedule for the Zepp.
    Plant is / was touring with Alison Krauss. And he had his 60th birthday last week.
    How amazing though, if zepp hit a reunion tour.
    Maybe ACDC could open for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Can i mention how good they were at the O2 last december.:D

galwayrush wrote: »

Can I just mention how jealous I am you lucky bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

I saw that alright!
    Mad stuff.
    Its strange that it only came from Bonham's young fella though as opposed to the Zepp themselves.
    Though Bonham is currently the drummer in Foreigner, and he is leaving the band in the next few months, so maybe that points to going at it full tilt and freeing up his schedule for the Zepp.
    Plant is / was touring with Alison Krauss. And he had his 60th birthday last week.
    How amazing though, if zepp hit a reunion tour.
    Maybe ACDC could open for them!

Bonhams officially leaving Foreigner on 1st Sept so hes free and don't think Page and Jones have anything in the diary too important. Plant is touring with Krauss until October so maybe, just maybe, theyre getting in ahead of him to work some tracks out. But if hes sticking to this line then theres feck all hope

Since we're in the realm of mindless speculation how about for support a reformed Floyd with Bowie on to do a couple of Syds numbers ala Arnold Layne with Gilmore?

MoominPapa wrote: »
    mindless speculation
    :eek:
    Harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

galwayrush wrote: »

Can I mention how good they were at the O2 last December on my DVD player last night? :D

My thoughts on the possible re-formation...

I reckon Robert Plant was quite happy to have the get-out of a planned tour with Alison Krauss, it meant he could say "no Zep tour" & no-one could claim it was cos/if the O2 gig didn't go well.

The O2 was however a great success, then Jimmy did his thing at the Olympic closing ceremony, which shows the guys are still held in the highest esteem.

I don't think Robert is a Peter Gabriel "never look backwards" type of guy, I'd say he'd be up for some new music & maybe a short tour...if he feels the music is strong enough. It's already clear that there's an audience for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

The music Plant is making still seems to be decent enough from what I've heard of it and it's probably much easier on his voice than the old Zeppelin stuff. But if the rest of them are recording music together its probably inevitable they will tour. It just wont be a huge tour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

well if Plant doesnt want to re-unite they should recruit Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters;). just watched the wembley dvd there and i forgot how much of a good voice he actually had , kinda reminded me of Plant a bit imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Plants last solo album was really good...

I think we should have a weekend edition of Slane this year, Zeppelin on the Saturday followed by Pink Floyd on the Sunday:)

• Advertisement

I think we should have a weekend edition of Slane this year, Zeppelin on the Saturday followed by Pink Floyd on the Sunday:)

I like what your thinking but put ACDC in there instead of Pink Floyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

In any interview I see him in Plant always gives the impression that he is a complete tool.

John Paul Jones is definitely the coolest from that band, and the best musician of the four by a mile.

Might Rearranger? I think that album is better than any lone Zep album.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's the one.

Wouldn't go that far though:) I find it to be quite similar to zep in fact.

In any interview I see him in Plant always gives the impression that he is a complete tool.

John Paul Jones is definitely the coolest from that band, and the best musician of the four by a mile.

Might Rearranger? I think that album is better than any lone Zep album.

Jimmy Page is one of the best lead guitarists in the history of lead guitar.
    John Bonham is an incredible drummer.
    John Paul Jones was great but srsly, best musician by a mile? No F***ing way man!
    Also:
    Physical Graffiti?
    2?
    4?
    Houses of the holy?

Those are some of the best albums ever released. Plant's solo album was interesting, but that's about it IMO.

Classic Zeplin 4evah!!!!!!!!111111eleventyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

Jimmy Page is one of the best lead guitarists in the history of lead guitar.
    John Bonham is an incredible drummer.
    John Paul Jones was great but srsly, best musician by a mile? No F***ing way man!
    Also:
    Physical Graffiti?
    2?
    4?
    Houses of the holy?

Those are some of the best albums ever released. Plant's solo album was interesting, but that's about it IMO.

Classic Zeplin 4evah!!!!!!!!111111eleventyone

Ok, better than any lone Zep album except physical.

John Paul Jones is, in my opinion, the best musician of the four, and they were/are all exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Totally disagree. Page wrote all of the songs and is easily in the top 3 of best ever guitarists. Bonham is the best ever Drummer imo.

Even a short Zep reunion tour would be fantastic but getting tickets would be hard with 20 million people trying to get them as well.

Led Zeppelin are planning a full tour for next summer, with singer Robert Plant set to rejoin the band, according to reports in The Sun today (September 26).

Despite their massively-successful reunion gig at London's O2 Arena last winter, the band have so far declined to confirm whether they will plan any more shows together.

Initially, it was believed that singer Plant was against a full tour with the band.

However, today's report claims that Plant is now ready to join guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham in rehearsals for a tour set to start next summer.

An unnamed source told the newspaper: "He [Plant] realised he couldn't face the thought of not being involved. The band were over the moon when he told them the news."

found that on nme.com :):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What are the chances of them coming to Ireland? That's something I'd love to see. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

John Paul Jones is, in my opinion, the best musician of the four, and they were/are all exceptional.
    I can't find fault with that statement :)

YEEEEAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

John Paul Jones is a fantastic musician, he had a stupid haircut though. Always looked very awkward on stage, the complete opposite of the other 3.

Page - wrote great riffs, but after just watching the Zeppelin dvd again there today he can be plenty sloppy when he wants to be.

Bonham - great drummer, but I don't think you can compare drummers to other musicians.

Plant - Um yeah he was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

dunno if its already being meantioned but plants agreed to join up wit the lads for a world tour. was in the paper yesterday on page 3 of the sun!:P not the most reliable source in the world but it made my day anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Plant says "no": clicky

The Sun must have been making it up:eek: I can't believe it

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Plant says "no": clicky

The Sun must have been making it up:eek: I can't believe it

Yep, and the BBC have lifted it from Plant's own site:
    http://www.robertplant.com/index.php?l1=2&l2=0&l3=0&rt=NE&PHPSESSID=170317c257c6a350cecfa06d945847b0

In case you can't link:

Robert Plant – Official Statement
    29th September 2008
    Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin,Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5th.

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to
    rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

:(

and nme most have lied aswell.
    Robert Plant has denied rumours that Led Zeppelin are set to tour next year, releasing a statement stating that the he will not be touring or recording with the band.

In the statement the singer said that following his current tour with Alison Krauss he will not be touring with any band or project for at least two years.

Last week (September 26) it was claimed that Plant had agreed to a Led Zeppelin tour.

However, the singer's statement read: "It's both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward.

"I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects

I heard that the rest of the band had given Plant the choice either go on tour with us or we get someone else. They also said that they had a american singer in mind for replacing Plant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Duff_Man wrote: »
    dunno if its already being meantioned but plants agreed to join up wit the lads for a world tour. was in the paper yesterday on page 3 of the sun!:P not the most reliable source in the world but it made my day anyway!

A Led Zeppelin reunion is probably the only thing that could drag me away from the rest of page 3 of the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

the american singer who impressed the other three to replace plant is rumoured to be the guy from alter bridge.....

the american singer who impressed the other three to replace plant is rumoured to be the guy from alter bridge.....

i think Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters would really suit them imo

i think Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters would really suit them imo

I would think that he wouldn't!
    This is Led Zeppelin we are talking about heah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

It's a farce if they keep the name. Farce in the same way Queen are operating. Although that dude from Alter Bridge wouldn't be the worst candidate, heard him do a cover of Rock and Roll and Kashmir, and, to his credit, they were solid.

Advertisement