Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Zep reunion on again - or maybe not

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Sunset V wrote: »
    It's a farce if they keep the name. Farce in the same way Queen are operating. Although that dude from Alter Bridge wouldn't be the worst candidate, heard him do a cover of Rock and Roll and Kashmir, and, to his credit, they were solid.

The boy can sing for sure

lucky they're not looking for a drummer as well though:pac:

Actually they should look up the singer from Kingdom Come

remember Jimmy Page saying that he didn't mind others ripping off the Zep sound but when he saw KC for the first time he fell off the bed laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

MoominPapa wrote: »
    lucky they're not looking for a drummer as well though:pac:

Indeedy doody! Although I can become available very quickly!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

here is a clip from Taylor and Dave playing with Zepplin in Wembley

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Led Zeppelin have replaced their frontman Robert Plant with American singer Myles Kennedy, according to reports.

MuchMoreMusic claims that Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have been rehearsing with Kennedy recently, after Plant issued a statement quashing rumours of a reunion tour and album.

On September 29 Robert Plant issued a statement saying Led Zeppelin would not record or tour with him in the line-up.

The claim came after Twisted Sister's Dee Snider supposedly leaked details of the rehearsal sessions.

Snider described Page, Jones and Bonham as saying to Robert Plant: "We're all rehearsed, we're ready to go. Here's a gazillion dollars on the table.

"If you don't do it, we're going out with this kid [Kennedy]. And he can sing the **** out of Zeppelin And they're gonna hope that Robert, at the last minute, will go, 'OK', and step in."

Myles Kennedy is a singer/songwriter/guitarist from Washington who currently fronts rock band Alter Bridge.
    Wonder what they will sound like

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That would be disappointing if true TBH.
    Sounds like a bit of a Chad Kroeger from youtube clips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

I'd have mixed feelings about this too.

On one hand, it'd be great for all those classic - in every sense of the word- songs to get another live airing, it'd be great to see Jimmy, JPJ & Jason doing their stuff on stage, it'd be brilliant for all those too young to have ever seen Zep live to get a chance to experience it.

On the other hand, no matter how good the replacement singer, it can only be a diluted version of what went before.
    Look what happened to Genesis. (not everyone's favourite band, I know, but bear with me here!)
    At the time of the Invisible Touch & We Can't Dance albums, Genesis were about the biggest band on the planet. Then Phil Collins decides to leave, Mike Rutherford & Tony Banks decide to carry on & recruit Ray Wilson from Stiltskin.
    From selling out Knebworth, 4 nights at Wembley Stadium etc etc, the band find themselves playing to half-sold theatres in Europe & the American tour cancelled altogether. Fast forward to 2007, Phil agrees to come back for a farewell mini-tour, and the band play to about 1 million in Europe & sell out about 18 major gigs across the States.

There really are some things that are better left as priceless memories of grandeur past.
    Would Zep with a new singer sell out Knebworth? I seriously doubt it. They'd sell it out for a week with Robert Plant singing.
    Would I go see them? Sure, but I'd be less manic about it. I'd drop everyting & head to the States if I had to, to see the band with RP on vocals. I'm not sure I'd go much further than a cheap flight to London for what amounts to a covers band.

Honestly, guys, if it can't be done properly, I think I'd rather you didn't do it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

big b wrote: »
    Honestly, guys, if it can't be done properly, I think I'd rather you didn't do it at all.

QFT

Advertisement