Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Bjorns/Baby Carriers etc

Options
  • 28-08-2008 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

I want to buy one of these for my friend who is due to give birth any hour now to go into a basket I'm putting together. Does anyone have any recommendations for these baby carriers? It doesn't have to be that brand specifically, any will do. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

we've got the baby bjorn and have used it a lot. our first born wasn't really into it, but he was the kind of baby you could put down anywhere. so long as he could see you he was a happy little man. our second, on the other hand just loves being carried as he hated staying still and the baby bjorn let us both get on with things or move about as much as we liked both indoors and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, they're useful enough alright. We had a baby bjorn one and found it pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

Hi
    There are lots of other baby carriers available that are much more comfortable for both parent and child. Apparently the way the baby is carried in the baby bjorn is not the best way as their weight is not supported properly. I bought a sling when my baby was a few weeks old as I came across some on line. There is a girl in Gorey who has a shop with lots of different carriers that's where I got mine she has a website too www.babyslingsandoutdoorthings.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

I found that our tomy carrier (very similar to the bjorn) got uncomfortable once my son was a few months old. They really don't distribute the weight very well for the carrier and also aren't particularly good/comfortable for the baby.

If you want something that is much more comfortable and that they will get a lot longer use from, but is still quite mainstream looking, have a look at carrier like the Ergo or Patapum.

The link above has a wide selection, including the 2 I've mentioned, but there are also loads of other styles and types of sling that are available.

Advertisement