Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuts and Almonds etc

• 28-08-2008 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

hey im trying to find the good nuts with good fats but i cant seem to find right ones

what are the best ones , and i assume all are to be un-salted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    hey im trying to find the good nuts with good fats but i cant seem to find right ones

http://www.nutnutrition.com/nutrition/brazilnuts.htm

^ ? Not sure, but been told that it contains good fats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Fatloss08 wrote: »

All nuts have good fats, but the best ones to eat are almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, pine nuts, cashew nuts, pistachio nuts, pecan nuts. And yes, eat them unsalted and plain - Tesco's do a huge range of nuts these days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

And you can get them even cheaper (if in considerably larger bags..) in Holland & Barrets and the asian food stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The walnuts in lidls are savage. Never liked walnuts before I ate these bad boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Asia market on drury street does almonds for 13.50 a kilo, cashews for about 9/kg

• Advertisement
Advertisement