Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many so called tile sales

Options
  • 28-08-2008 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to order a substantial amount of tiles at the weekend. From listening to the radio you would swear every tile supplier is giving them away.

Can anyone recommend a *real* tile sale supplier where I will actually get 50% off the good stuff and not just the crap stuff?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We needed tiles for a whole new house last year and were in the same situation as you. Most tile sales are rubbish, but we got lucky and Tilestyle beside the Point Depot had a sale - and it was actually 50% off everything. It would be worth seeing if they have a sale coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

I found Right price tiles good. But they have sell every second week and prices never seem to change. I would also recommend Macroom Hardwood and Tiles for tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Tiles are one of those products where there can be a huge margin, that's why many of these places can have permanent "once in a lifetime" sales.

Unless you want anything really out of the ordinary you should be able to negotiate 40-50% discounts from any supplier for a bulk purchase in cash. If it's just boggo porcelain etc. then you're as well going anywhere as there's only a certain number of manufacturers. Most are from Spain or China.

One thing to watch is that the cheaper places for tiles are often much more expensive for trims and adhesives.

SSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

the tiler we use on site will not go near daft daves right price tiles. they are all different sizes and thicknesses. his words not mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

I have heard that too re daft dave. Not from a tiler, but a someone a tiler told. Either it's true or the start of a strange urban myth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Regarding the last 2 posts, I as a contractor have found this to be the case with a lot of their stock. They buy container loads from the continent which are 2nd or 3rd grade tiles off the production line which to the buyer means that every so often in a box some will be slightly longer thicker or narrower or visually different. If you do intend to buy from here please ensure you read and get a full written guarantee on the product cause if you fit them they wont entertain any claim for a poor quailty product. Also your tiler will thank you for ensuring all products are in order. Another thing to watch is for yourself and for the tiler that ALL BOXES have matching codes on them. The first is the batch and the second is the calliber. If they dont it means the tiles will be slightly different EG : A21 for the batch and Calliber : B6 icon4.gif

Regards
    Builditwell

Advertisement