Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blastbeat schools competition

• 28-08-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys,

If you fancy running your own mini music company as part of a Transition Year project - and running your own battle of the bands events, while making some money doing it, then get in touch! Blastbeat is great for young musicians and students from any discipline - you can be a photographer, part of a film crew, an event manager, CEO a journalist - and many many more things! You can find out information about Blastbeat at www.blastbeat.org and you can contact me with any questions on how to get it started in your school!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

I believe my class is organising the Mallow runner up one as far as I know and may be participating in the Cork one aswell, looking forward to it, should be great =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RuthBlastbeat

Ah, is that Davis? Great group, Cork has the very best classes for this programme! The gigs down there have been absolutely amazing!

Yeah, Davis College.
    Brilliant knowledge of them Ill give you that!
    Should be loads of fun,
    I believe we're getting a guy down from blastbeat on the 12th, day after the JC results.
    Possibly the sole reason why Im coming in that day :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RuthBlastbeat

that'll be Jon. He's my regional manager and he's a legend! I'm delighted Davis are back this year, I heard such great stories. am determined to get down to their gig myself this time - I had another gig on nGalway that day so couldn't attend!
    Jon's defo a reason to come in to school, he's brilliant!

Sounds good.
    Definatly coming the next day then,
    Have to apply for a position yet,
    Should be good,
    Went to one in Mallow two years ago and it was okay.
    Hopefully the one in Mallow & Cork will go better this year =]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jiminywimilybob

Are you Ruth from 2fm..
    If so...I have a couple of questions.
    Jenny Huston..Has the voice..Does she have the looks??
    Rick O Shea...Very bad voice for the radio
    And Yourself...You should have a lunch time show

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I was MD of the very first blastbeat in davis college mallow - our gig was the first gig of its kind to actually make a profit in Mallow.

It was savage, brill experience, I also did the journalism write up for last years Davis one, love to meet u at the gig Ruth.

TransitionMan, u know my brother pretty well, and I know your older brother, going to UCC?????

Advertisement