Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My ex is hounding me..

• 28-08-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

To cut a long story somewhat short...

I was going out with a woman for years, great time, nice woman but we were heading in different directions in life i suppose, we wanted different things. She wants the busy professional style life in Dublin, no aspirations to marry or have a family, her job is number 1 priority to her as a goal, mine would be a family and the pursuit of happiness.

July 2007 we broke up finally, it was tough personally because i suffer from manic depression and i was in the middle of a rather sever bout of it at the time. I started another relationship, but it didnt last because i was so fcuked up over the ex, the deression got worse i was at the point of commiting suicide but instead i ended up in the nut house and out of work for 4 months.

In january i went back to work, abstained from women for a few months, got a new job after being in the one job for 10 years and was moving on. We were still in contact and would have a chat or a coffee now and again. I think we always thought we would end up together, she was with no one snce we broke up bar kissing some knob end from roscommon up in dublin one night, i was with erm.. well.. lets just say a few.. the pipes gotta be cleaned out after all..

3 months or less ago, i met a woman, to say she is perfect is not doing her enough justice, shes perfect, she loves children wants a family and is really really good to me.. and from the get go, i know this ones a keeper. We've being living together for over 2 months now and i have to say things were fantastic.

In the meantime my ex met me and my new girlfriend out, my ex made a bee line over to me just to let me know shes seen me with another woman, she wasnice and polite to me bet ignored my new girlfriend.

She told me to never contact her again and went into a tirade about the fact that because my new girlfriend is a single mother, that she only wants me because im a decent guy (yea, actualy i am!) and im fairly well off etc etc..

It got back through a friend of a friend to my new g/f that my ex was saying all these nasty things about my new g/f. which has naturally upset her.

Now my ex, whom i still love, and i dont hide that, but i love her more as a mate and have no more interest than that - is ringing me and bombarding me with texts telling me she is madly in love with me and wants to marry me and have kids and live in athlone.. something i know she does not want, even though she says it.

At this point its driving me mad, i dont want to go back into a fit of depression which is beginning to start despite the medication, and i cant end up like i was at the end of last year because i wont come out of it, it just hurt too much.. ghey i know.. but.. :/

My new gf is being excellent to me about it and very supportive, but is worried sick about me, and is worried i will go back to my ex.. which i assure wont happen.

Ive started to ignore my ex's texts and not answer the phone, but i am worried about her too and am not sure what to do at this stage.

*wonders if the answer is within AH*

Thanks for listening all the same, i needed to get that off my chest :/:o

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No woman is worth living in Athlone for.
    Not even that three boobied chick from total recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Just tell the ex to come here, do a search for "snyper" AND "rape" and it should turn her off you for the foreseeable future. In the meantime do not, under any circumstances, let the current MS. Wonderful come anywhere near boards. Ever. Ever ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

The hunter has become the hunted.

The upper hand is on the other foot.

The tables have turned.

Don't like your own medicine.

May the road rise to meet you.

Et cetera

Fair play to you for posting a PI in AH though. I might even write a serious reply later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hounding? Is your name Baskerville?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

PI >>>>> Over there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

You should prolly keep re-assuring your current gf not to worry and break all contact with the stalker lady.
    I know you still care about her but when she realises your not having any of it she will find closure and eventually f-off.
    The closure may be achieved by going bonkers and making a show of herself abusing you if she sees you/maybe through text, etc... But just keep on truckin' and everything should iron itself out dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Snyper is the marrying type?????? :eek:

Snyper is the marrying type?????? :eek:

Note the purple dots:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Age_of_Consent.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

There's no way Snyper would ever post the original message.
    Here's what I think he was trying to say:
    snyper wrote: »
    3 months or less ago, i met a girl, to say she is perfect is not doing her enough justice, shes perfect, she loves other children , has no family and is really really good to me (she even swallows)and from the get go, i know this ones a keeper. She's been living in the basement for over 2 months now and i have to say things were fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Drop this woman pronto!!!!
    She is no mate, given your history of depression she should be god damn wishing you well:mad: not making your life difficult..
    Sounds like she has major relationship closure issues herself, wants her perfect life but can't let a friend have his, next time she texts or calls tell her to feck off and close the book on your life with her forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Seriously you would probably be better off posting this in PI.
    Firstly, if you feel your mood slipping you should speak to your doctor and try catch it before it gets too bad.
    You can't be responsible for someone elses life or happiness, just your own. You need to ask yourself with all you know can the original girlfriend make you happy?
    Can your new life with new girfriend?

If the answer is yes to the second question then you should do everything within your power to protect that relationship which may include cutting all contact with the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Tell your ex to **** off. She wants the professional life and put her job as number one, let her. Also tell her that if you two get back togother, she'll only leave in two months because she's just jealous right now.

If that doesn't work, tell her that you've recently enjoyed sticking your member in your partners nose and wouls expect the same from her. That should sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I read all that and there was no punchline? fuxache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Now my ex, whom i still love, and i dont hide that, but i love her more as a mate and have no more interest than that - is ringing me and bombarding me with texts telling me she is madly in love with me and wants to marry me and have kids and live in athlone.. something i know she does not want, even though she says it.

If ever you needed a reason to remind yourself that this is a terrible plan, there it is. In bold.

Seriously, she just sounds like she liked believed that if she wanted to have you at any point she could have you. Now that you have a missus she doesn't have that anymore, and she's trying to get it back.

Your options are twofold.
    1] continue ignoring her
    2] ask her how she feels about a threesome.

i'd go for 2, personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

FU snyper, you just ruined the internet for me by posting something intimate!

Bit worried about what kind of answer your looking for in AH.

[pimod] Stop worrying about your ex. Cut all contact....change phones if you have to. Leave her to find her feet. Its actually the kindest thing to give her the space to get over you.

Regardless of what happens to her, your top priority is your health. Another trip to the the river and everyone you love is hurt deeply.
    Not just the ex.

You know your on to a really good thing, don't mess it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Looby_Loo wrote: »
    Seriously you would probably be better off posting this in PI.

Well true, but i am accepting all answers from the serious to the daft.

I could do with some serious advice and a few giggles too :)

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    FU snyper, you just ruined the internet for me by posting something intimate!

Now now I'm sure Snyper has posted loads of intimate things on the internet before..... he just has more cop on than to use a bog standard easily reversed photoshop swirl effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Has someone hacked Snyper's account??? :D

Seriously though - I hate that **** where chicks start declaring their love for you only when they see you've met someone good and decent that's much better for you than they ever were.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Bit worried about what kind of answer your looking for in AH.

[pimod] Stop worrying about your ex. Cut all contact....change phones if you have to. Leave her to find her feet. Its actually the kindest thing to give her the space to get over you.

Regardless of what happens to her, your top priority is your health. Another trip to the the river and everyone you love is hurt deeply.
    Not just the ex.

You know your on to a really good thing, don't mess it up.

It was a lake ;)

But yes, you are correct - contact cutting is needed, but difficult :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well true, but i am accepting all answers from the serious to the daft.

I could do with some serious advice and a few giggles too :)

This is very unsnypery behaviour. Did your ex steal your boards password?
    Or just guessed that it was babyrape?

Snyper would run the double lollypop play on those bitches.

ask her how she feels about a threesome.

ehh doooh.. ive already ran that by the two of them on a few different occasions.

Its a non runner.

ehh doooh.. ive already ran that by the two of them on a few different occasions.

Its a non runner.

well you've just cleared up the hacked account theory - it's definitely you posting...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

3 months or less ago, i met a woman, to say she is perfect is not doing her enough justice.

Well your new woman seems to be keeping you happy so don't go back to the past as look where it got you before.
    At this point its driving me mad, i dont want to go back into a fit of depression which is beginning to start despite the medication, and i cant end up like i was at the end of last year because i wont come out of it, it just hurt too much.. ghey i know.. but.. :/

If you don't want to go back into a fit of depression then cut all ties with the ex and live for what you have now! ;)
    My new gf is being excellent to me about it and very supportive, but is worried sick about me, and is worried i will go back to my ex.. which i assure wont happen.

You new woman is being supportive etc, if your ex was in any way supportive she would not be trying to mess with your head, this to me sounds like she has tried out the single life and hasn't gotten very far so now she wants something she can rely on which is you.

Also she might just miss r@ping you or you r@ping her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Its a non runner.

They say that now, wait until you get them nicely liquored up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Maybe this should be moved to PI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ignore her and/or change your number.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

People want what they can't have. They really really want what they thought they had, but now don't. That goes for men and women, but I've noted the trait in women more.

I would say that every significant ex of mine that dumped me, tried it on down the line when I was with someone else. Actually no, one didn't, but she was defo the exception.

Your ex is getting twitchy now as you look really serious about this new woman. Marriage etc. To her you look like a ready made family. She doesn't have marraige on the horizon for herself, so cue her starting all this nonsense. Envy, fear, panic and regret are driving this. Love I would suspect has fúck all to do with it.

Cut all contact if I were you as she will try to sabotage this. Either by directly freaking your new mot, or by making you second guess your decision. I guarantee, that if you took her bak it would last 6 months tops. Tops. Less if she hooked up with someone "better".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

g'em wrote: »
    ask her how she feels about a threesome.

Its a non runner.

well you've just cleared up the hacked account theory - it's definitely you posting...

I beg to differ g'em. Consent has never been a big stumbling block for Snyper in the past. Looks like a hacked a/c to me.

• Advertisement

It was a lake ;)

But yes, you are correct - contact cutting is needed, but difficult :o

I'd be surprised if you can't come up with a way to piss her off enough to not want to so much as think about you for the next 6 months.

That is how I got rid of my ex texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Snyper, this sounds like an episode of friends.

Rachel being all distant but the minute Ross hooks up then all hell breaks loose.

javaboy wrote: »
    I beg to differ g'em. Consent has never been a big stumbling block for Snyper in the past. Looks like a hacked a/c to me.
    Excellent point my good man. The plot thickens...

Wibbs wrote: »
    People want what they can't have. They really really want what they thought they had, but now don't. That goes for men and women, but I've noted the trait in women more.

I would say that every significant ex of mine that dumped me, tried it on down the line when I was with someone else. Actually no, one didn't, but she was defo the exception.

Your ex is getting twitchy now as you look really serious about this new woman. Marriage etc. To her you look like a ready made family. She doesn't have marraige on the horizon for herself, so cue her starting all this nonsense. Envy, fear, panic and regret are driving this. Love I would suspect has fúck all to do with it.

Cut all contact if I were you as she will try to sabotage this. Either by directly freaking your new mot, or by making you second guess your decision. I guarantee, that if you took her bak it would last 6 months tops. Tops. Less if she hooked up with someone "better".

Yes, this seems to be the common line of advice that is being given to me by family and friends... its just a little more difficult to see this when one is in the middle of it and less objective

Snyper, this sounds like an episode of friends.

Rachel being all distant but the minute Ross hooks up then all hell breaks loose.

I can't see Snyper reacting the way Ross did when he found out his wife was a lesbian though. If he's like any character from Friends it's Joey cos he's always chatting up chicks Marcel the monkey that had to be sent away because it was constantly humping things.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if you can't come up with a way to piss her off enough to not want to so much as think about you for the next 6 months.

I couldnt possibly.

Im a kind, soft spoken gent with a big heart.

Id hate to hurt her feelings.

no seriously, i would hate to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Would a 3some be completely out of the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

No woman is worth living in Athlone for.
    Not even that three boobied chick from total recall.

That quote made my day.. Sigged. Maybe a sit down and talk should do the trick, tell her not to text or ring anymore etc etc. You need to lay down the law, and tell her how it is, although it may be crushing it still needs to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Yes, this seems to be the common line of advice that is being given to me by family and friends... its just a little more difficult to see this when one is in the middle of it and less objective

In five years time where do you want to be?
    In Dublin waiting for Woman 1 to complete her career goals before settling down to the family life.

Or

Living the family life with Woman 2 in Athlone.

I couldnt possibly.

Im a kind, soft spoken gent with a big heart.

Id hate to hurt her feelings.

no seriously, i would hate to.

What's next? Biko posting a Dublin thread in AH? Dudess blasting all the Roma? Darkman2 and run to da hills posting in favour of RFID anal implants?

Stop messing with our heads Snyp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

...am not sure what to do at this stage.
    Stop being so sexy.

• Advertisement

to say she is perfect is not doing her enough justice, shes perfect, she is really really good to me.. and from the get go, i know this ones a keeper. We've being living together for over 2 months now and i have to say things were fantastic.

Tell her that.

Your not being creul, but it should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Just change your number. Its a simple solution but effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

I dont know synper that well but the talk of Babyrape and no consent etc makes me think he is a funny guy, maybe the sort of guy that owns a two girls one cup t-shirt...... Man thats a funny shirt to wear to a fun festival etc

ANYWAY,

Heres what you do, and this is fact.

Let her worm her way back in,
    Let it affect and disrupt the great relationship you have now,
    Then when it all goes wrong rape yourself because you knew it was gonna happen,

Your a funny and clever lad, you know the way this one plays out for yourself dont you? I suggest you go get the new girl, do something nice for her, (maybe not rape but hey I dunno) and focus on what you have,

kmick wrote: »

It's also a pain in the whole especially if you run a business.

Although I imagine an awful lot of Snyper's phone calls have the old #31# in front of the number so maybe not too many of his... eh... clients have his number in the first place.

gabgab wrote: »

Heres what you do, and this is fact.

Let her worm her way back in,
    Let it affect and disrupt the great relationship you have now,
    Then when it all goes wrong rape yourself because you knew it was gonna happen,

:D

kmick wrote: »

Na, i cant do that, ive had the same number for 10 years..

..besides the "house arrest ankle bracelet" is connected to the FBI headquarters through that court appointed number

I was going out with a woman for years, great time, nice woman but we were heading in different directions in life i suppose, we wanted different things. She wants the busy professional style life in Dublin, no aspirations to marry or have a family, her job is number 1 priority to her as a goal, mine would be a family and the pursuit of happiness.

July 2007 we broke up finally, it was tough personally because i suffer from manic depression and i was in the middle of a rather sever bout of it at the time. I started another relationship, but it didnt last because i was so fcuked up over the ex, the deression got worse i was at the point of commiting suicide but instead i ended up in the nut house and out of work for 4 months.

In january i went back to work, abstained from women for a few months, got a new job after being in the one job for 10 years and was moving on. We were still in contact and would have a chat or a coffee now and again. I think we always thought we would end up together, she was with no one snce we broke up bar kissing some knob end from roscommon up in dublin one night, i was with erm.. well.. lets just say a few.. the pipes gotta be cleaned out after all..

3 months or less ago, i met a woman, to say she is perfect is not doing her enough justice, shes perfect, she loves children wants a family and is really really good to me.. and from the get go, i know this ones a keeper. We've being living together for over 2 months now and i have to say things were fantastic.

In the meantime my ex met me and my new girlfriend out, my ex made a bee line over to me just to let me know shes seen me with another woman, she wasnice and polite to me bet ignored my new girlfriend.

She told me to never contact her again and went into a tirade about the fact that because my new girlfriend is a single mother, that she only wants me because im a decent guy (yea, actualy i am!) and im fairly well off etc etc..

It got back through a friend of a friend to my new g/f that my ex was saying all these nasty things about my new g/f. which has naturally upset her.

Ive started to ignore my ex's texts and not answer the phone, but i am worried about her too and am not sure what to do at this stage.

*wonders if the answer is within AH*

Thanks for listening all the same, i needed to get that off my chest :/:o

Women like that always want what they cant have mate. Best to cut her out of your life. Block her number, cut all contact as much as you ''love'' her as a friend. If there is no future for the two of yous it will just bring you down big time as long as you are in contact with her. Believe me I know, same thing has happened to me recently to say the least and when I deleted all contact I have never felt better. I bet you've been thinking about her alot since eh? Its a ****, but she only said those nice things to you because she knew she'd hit a nerve.

Time to move on big fella.

Now go have a **** about Keira Knightley in the POTC and cheer yourself up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Dude, take it from me, I'm 22 and have been in one serious relationship.. this advice is gold!

But on a serious note, your ex is jealous and worried about the fact that you are after finding someone new, who is just right for you.. She, on the other hand hasn't found anyone bar some eejit from Roscommon.. so she's hedging all her bets on you as she realised she can't do any better and will basically now do anything to please you. Your new gf will do this for you anyway, you're happy now - stay with new gf and you stay that way. Good luck!

/PI

Ask them to have a dick sucking competition with you as the judge.. that's the only true way to a man's heart!

/AH

You can block texts from your phone.
    It is much easier to ignore a call than a text.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Give your ex my number. I'll give her a pounding* she'll never forget. Trust me, after 20 minutes with me she'll be over you like a drugged up Irish horse over a fence.

*sexual, not violent

• Advertisement
Advertisement