Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Swimming in Cork

• 28-08-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi anyone interested in Masters Swimming in the Cork City area?

Dolphin Masters Swimming Club is starting up again for the new season at Mayfield Sports Complex on September 1st - Monday nights from 9.40 - 10:40pm. All welcome, age 16+ no upper age limit.

Must be able to swim continuous lengths and be able to swim another stroke other than Freestyle/Frontcrawl (for variety!).

Check us out at http:\\dolphinmasters.googlepages.com for more details on the club and members. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Hi there

i maybe interested,even though living in douglas.i was joined the masters on a social basis for a few months and attended a few session on a saturday morning in douglas and a few on weeknights in bishopstown.i couldnt attend the sessions regularly enough due to awkward shift periods in my job so i stopped going.i have been swimming away myself though at least twice a week for the last couple of months again and have been motivated even more to get back into it after watching 'Mr Phelps' in the olympics.

is it just the one session a week at the same time&venue?

cheers.
    colin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DolphinMasters

Hi Colinboy

Great to hear from you. At the moment it's a once a week get together, same time and venue each week. There are people who come each week, some come twice a month, some drop in when they can make it. It's fairly easy going that way. :)

Great stuff,sounds good.il come up monday and see how it goes.i would love to improve as an overall swimmer and learn better technique and other strokes.

Great Stuff, see you on deck so. Come around 9.30, it will give you a chance to meet the coach and some of the other swimmers who might be your lane buddies!

Colinboy

Well done on the session last night, you aced the kick with the Fins on. I was really impressed! Good luck with the weekly work outs, try the drills I mentioned and stick with the fins for a while till you feel stronger in the water.

• Advertisement

Hi Rose,

Thanks for the help last night,i appreciate you giving me tips and pointing me in the right direction.il try and get 2 more more sessions in this week if i can.its good to have a structured work out so you know what your doing when training instead of doing continous lengths aimlessly with no set routine.

il be in your lane before you know it so you better watch out ha ha!

cheers,
    colin

Yeah with those fins on you will be able to wipe the floor with me in Kick Sets now LOL! See you next week anyway at the session, same bat time, same bat channel.

managed to get two more sessions in this week and my legs are a bit tender so that must be agood sign.ive incorporated some of the drills into my session too so you can judge for yourself monday night if im doing them properly.

cheers

That's great, any extra pool work will help you and the drills do sort out the stroke. Audrey and myself made it up to the pool this morning for an hour while it was quiet and got some lengths in. Wrecked now LOL!

Hi Rose,

Unfortunately i couldnt make it up last night as i had to work at 530am this morning last minute to cover aguy who went out sick in work so i had to get an early night.was disappointed i couldnt make the session but hopefully il get up there next week again.

didnt want you to think you scared me away after the 1st session and tha i was a quiter! LOL

• Advertisement

Don't worry I didn't make it either LOL! I had two cats to take to the vet to get stitches out and by the time I got home I was well behind on everything so I rang the others and let them know I couldn't be there.

Heard it was an easy ish session - 2300M - all long sets with plenty of rest. Also heard that you will have some new lane buddies - there were 3 or 4 new swimmers there for lane fitness and we had 2 of our ex comps come back to the pool so plenty of people in the water, which is always good to see.

I'll be there next week anyway - if this cold I picked up today doesn't get me first!:)

Advertisement