Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenanigans Reopening!

Options
  • 28-08-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

So eventually Shenanigans is reopening.I for one am delighted to hear this news...how do the rest of ye feel about it?
    They had hoped to be open for last night(Wednesday night) but obviously that didn't happen,so I think its going to be next Monday or Tuesday and supposedly the first night they are open will be invite only:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Delighted! Shenanigans is a lovely pub. Was disappointed to hear it had closed down for a while!

Do you know if they've changed much in it Bobcar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

One of the lads got to go inside and said that its totally different.Its meant to be much bigger now.
    He only described the bar area with hands jestures so its not exactly easy to put that down in words for you.
    I think he also said something about lights that look like chandeliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Apparently was supposed to have it's grand opening tomorrow night (Friday) but it's been pushed back til next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

It looks class inside. Pure class! From what little i've seen!!

(Invite only? Sounds fishy to me....)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It does look REALLY nice

(I popped my head in while the builders had the door open.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There was still dust flying out of it when I passed this afternoon. Wonder will they go for the student crowd again, or go for a "classier" crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Really doubt they'd opt for the student crowd now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

basquille wrote: »
    Really doubt they'd opt for the student crowd now..

I think they are aiming at the student crowd again, during weeknights anyway. I heard they were trying to have some kind of disco every night of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I agree with the Student crowd. It's been their bread and butter for long enough, it would be madness for them to turn their backs on them now.

I heard he wanted to go for the older "Velvet" crowd, but that's only one night a week. He'd be much better off with the grubby students.

• Advertisement

I don't think he will have a choice.students will go there whether he likes it or not.It will never lose its reputation as been an underage drinking hole.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Looks quite classy, hopefully they've removed the troff that they had in the toilets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

bobcar61 wrote: »
    It will never lose its reputation as been an underage drinking hole.

That's for sure. :p

Anyway, I drove past today and the doors were open. I have to say that it looks really nice inside, and totally different to what it used to look like. It's certainly way bigger and did seem to have a bit of a classier look to it.
    Can't wait till it opens! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

was at the grand opening last night- a great night in a classy joint.
    owner put on a great spread - limos , champagne , food , drink , music. i am struggling big time today-need to go back to bed badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

a possible meet for a future beers maybe

limos? Champagne? Does this means the students will need to make an effort? Like washing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Anyone know if they do lunch/bar food now?

I'm nearly sure they do,they have a little restaurant somewhere in it I think.

I was there last night,it was the Ursuline grad and one of the girls who was graduating father owns it so we had a free bar upstairs and a few nibblets which were very tasty to say the least.
    I looks quite classy inside and I'm sure it cost plenty,I hope they do really well.

I will definitely be going back soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Was in there a few days ago for lunch. Was really impressed. Friendly staff and it is a welcome addition to Sligo. Gets my thumbs up. Might have a chat to them about getting bands in on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

They've advertised Music for 7 days a week but I think it's gonna be DJ's mainly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

they have restaurant upstairs (separate entrance beside pub)with dj. its for older crowd though. they are hoping to have velvet crowd staying on after meal(open till 2am), kinda sophisticated and chill out music.
    dowstairs is still for students;dancefloor,smokingarea (with window to look at dancefloor)
    be aware though drinks cost more after midnight:p

Advertisement