Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me find a smartphone

• 28-08-2008 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Im currently in the market for a good phone, i dont mind forking out a little...as long as its worth it. budget around 500 euro

what I want from the phone is
    • style
    • a good camera (im devoting money i was going to spend on a camera towards this instead)
    • value
    • internet via wifi
    • gps would be great

options ive found;
    • iphone - too daft a contract making it too expensive for my liking
    • nokia n95 - has everything i need, however....quite expensive, and looks are a bit groggy and not really to my taste
    • samsung Tocco - Love it, really do. problem is no wifi internet. :(

does anyone have any other suggestions for me that im missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I fully recommend the N95 8gb. I had the first gen n95 before that and the new one is a much better phone.
    I work in construction so any phone I get has to take a bit of abuse, knocks, dust etc but it seems to be tough.
    All the features work great and the camera is excellent. The only gripe I have is battery life. Fine for everyday
    use but the WIFI, GPS and camera are heavy on it. Id recommend getting a spare battery off ebay if you are
    going doing a lot of filming at a concert for example, other than that its the best phone Ive owned. Ill be getting another
    one whenever this one pack in. I have it a year now and its perfect cond.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Nokia e66

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Nokia e66
    +1.

The camera's not as good as the n95 as it's only 3.2mp but it's a got a decent flash and it's a much lovelier looking phone than the n95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

• samsung omnia - Love it, really do. problem is no wifi internet. :(

The Omnia does have wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

Wait for the Nokia N79. All the same features as the n95 but a lot smaller. It comes with a 4GB card, has GPS, wifi, 5m camera and fm transmitter. Smallest N series so far. It is due in October and will cost around €400 sim free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

noblestee wrote: »
    The Omnia does have wifi
    oops, i actually meant the Tocco. Im a pay as you go person. my bad
    The Fort wrote: »
    Wait for the Nokia N79. All the same features as the n95 but a lot smaller. It comes with a 4GB card, has GPS, wifi, 5m camera and fm transmitter. Smallest N series so far. It is due in October and will cost around €400 sim free

Im gonna have a look at this and the other nokia now in a sec.
    A colluege just recomended I have a look at the nokia N98. it looks fantastac. however I might have to wait a lifetime, might not be pay as you go, and might be quite on the expensive side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

dont really like the look of either the e66 nor the n79. screens too small. i like the big touch screens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Nokia E71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

For best camera go for N82 - it has all the other bits too. Apart from style though. It's a bit ugly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭liveforphotos

Have you thought about the HTC Touch-Cruise? I bought one several months ago and I am very happy with it. It has all the features you mentioned.

[URL=]http://www.htc.com/www/product.aspx?id=794[/URL]

• Advertisement
Advertisement