Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car insurance

Options
  • 28-08-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Jst a thought. Insurance is required to legally drive a car.... If the government requires something to be legal then surely they should supply it. Maybe im wrong but jst a though, evrything else I can think of that you need to be legal is provided by the government, why not insurance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You legally require a safe vehicle to drive, the state don't provide safe vehicles (or any vehicles at all). They also don't provide NCT tests, in theory (SGS do).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

true i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You don't HAVE to own a car either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Maybe im wrong but jst a though, evrything else I can think of that you need to be legal is provided by the government, why not insurance

You can't legally walk naked down the street, but the Government doesn't supply clothes.

find me the law where it says nudism is illegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    find me the law where it says nudism is illegal

What do you think I am, your research monkey? Strip off and walk past a Garda station and post back to tell us how you got on. :rolleyes:

no law that states nudism is illegal. Indecant exposure is different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

What a bizarre thread :) Guess there's one everyday :P

NAH I STARTED WITH A GENUINE TOPIC, PEOPLE JUST STARTED GETTIN CHEEKY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

JoeySully wrote: »
    What a bizarre thread :) Guess there's one everyday :P

No I was talking about the first POST:cool:

Advertisement