Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pistol Range in Limerick??

Options
  • 28-08-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi
    I have heard a rumour that there is to be a new pistol range opening in Ardnacrusha Co Clare (2 miles from Limerick City). Can anyone else tell me if they have heard similar stories? I need to find somewhere close to where I live.

Thanks

JM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Haven't heard a thing about it to be honest.

Would be great if the Limerick area got a decent (all type of firearm) range

I know if I won the euro millions it would be very high on my list of things to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Have heard from someone who was organising a range in that neck of the woods allright, but I thought it had fallen through. Good news if it hasn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The Planning permission was refused last time I heard for the Last guy
    that tried to build a range. Cant remember his name but there
    was a thread on it here on boards before.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

bullets wrote: »
    The Planning permission was refused last time I heard for the Last guy
    that tried to build a range. Cant remember his name but there
    was a thread on it here on boards before.

~B

Yeah that was the underground guy wasn't it. Pity about that

Ardnacrusha is in Clare though so I wonder about that one. I'll keep my ear to the ground and see if i hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

We are working on it.:D:D;)
    More to follow soon.Anyone intrested in helping out PM me.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Grizzly 45,

Just out of curiosity, can you please let us know what disciplines/firearms you intend on catering for or is it just a pistol range?:)

Good luck with it BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hi LB.
    It's at the moment a pistol of all types/small bore rifle,possibly a section for practical pistol shooting as well concept. Second stage will proably be a sporting clay set up,third a short rifle range of appx 100 meters.The last two are welll into the future.
    However if there is a demand for clay as well we will get it up and running as well.This is going to take some time to get set up.we are about a 1/2 inch along on a 12 inch scale of things.Am thinking of putting up a blog on getting this up and running as well.Anyone intrested?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement