Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugot 107?

Options
  • 28-08-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    Thinking of movin on up from my little daewoo matiz. I've seen some good deals on peugot 107's but am not sure about peugot's reliability (compared to japanese cars at least).. does anyone have any advice?

I know its extremely green, and fuel efficient, etc, but am mainly concerned about reliablity issues. Don't want to be in and out of garages!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I wouldnt worry about it. The 107 is a joint venture with Citroen, Peugeot and Toyota and they are all assembled on the same line. So the only differences are cosmetic as far as I am aware. The Citroen and Peugeot will both be cheaper than the Toyota, but factor in resale value too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 collywolly123

i like the peugeot 206 its quite popular so im sure you could get a good price, nifty cars cheap to run
    whats like the peugeot107 is the citroen saxo too

the 107s arnt relilable in my experience my aunt had one when she started driving and the battery was replaced 3 times, i think the engine just died in the end :eek:

i like the peugeot 206 its quite popular so im sure you could get a good price, nifty cars cheap to run
    whats like the peugeot107 is the citroen saxo too

the 107s arnt relilable in my experience my aunt had one when she started driving and the battery was replaced 3 times, i think the engine just died in the end :eek:

The 206 is a total bag of sh*t. The old 107 is a different story. I presume you are talking about getting the new model? Its a reskinned toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 karenmaryobrien

Yup, the one i'm looking at is 2007. So the fact that it's a toyota/citroen/peugot combo might mean its that little bit more reliable?

Ya its very reliable. I presume its the petrol version you are looking at? The engine is a Toyota engine so that will be fine. The main reported problem with the car is leaks so just check for those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Mr.David wrote: »
    The 206 is a total bag of sh*t. The old 107 is a different story. I presume you are talking about getting the new model? Its a reskinned toyota.

I presume you refer to the old 106?? New 107 is built on the same production line as the C1 and Aygo but to call it a reskinned Toyota implies the Aygo is a reskinned 107.

The 206 is not as bad as you make out either.

RedorDead wrote: »
    I presume you refer to the old 106?? New 107 is built on the same production line as the C1 and Aygo but to call it a reskinned Toyota implies the Aygo is a reskinned 107.

The 206 is not as bad as you make out either.

My mistake, yes I meant the 106. To call it a reskinned Toyota is correct, and it doesnt imply an Aygo is a reskinned 107. Because it isnt. The car was developed by Toyota and then 'reskinned' by Peugeot and Citroen.

The 206 is a case of personal opinion I suppose. I drove one and found it handled badly, had a horrible gearbox, poor interior quality and they are not very reliable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

The 1.0 engine is made by Daihatsu and can go for miles on a fiver. The Diesel has been tested by the Sunday Times as having worse fuel economy than the diesel. Friends of the Earth have deemed it to be the most environmentally friendly mass market car available due to low fuel consumption and low energy used in building it.

Given the low CO2 band, might it be useful to import from the UK. If VRT is low, registering it on the new road tax pricing may be of benefit.

The Diesel has been tested by the Sunday Times as having worse fuel economy than the diesel.

Fair play to it :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The Diesel has been tested by the Sunday Times as having worse fuel economy than the diesel.
    erm, what? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

There are a lot of '06 and '07 Fiat Panda Actives for sale at the moment at low prices. They'd be a better car than the 107 and more fun to drive but wouldn't be close on fuel economy.
    The remainder of the 4 year manufacturer's warranty would be in place which would be a big selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

kbannon wrote: »
    erm, what? :confused:

Apologies. What I meant was that the petrol engined Citroen C1 gets a higher mpg than the diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Ah Daewoo Matiz, fond memories of that 'lawnmower' .

;)

Advertisement