Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOI Stage 4

Options
  • 28-08-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Anybody here going along to watch the Tralee to Dingle leg ?

Murph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Murph100 wrote: »

Murph

would very much like to be up (about 500 metres from the summit - just as the road gets narrow and runs under the overhanging rock) on the Connor pass to watch the lads make light work of the climb - but theres no chance I'll get down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

Murph100 wrote: »

I'll be there. My plan is to drive to Dingle and cycle up the Connor Pass, aiming to get there 30-60 minutes before the peleton goes over (their eta there is 13:46). Once the riders and support vehicles have passed by, I'll shoot back down to Dingle for the finish while they're doing the lap around Slea Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Cool ! I'm thinking of stopping on the descent side of the pass to watch them blast and then go back down for the finish, and then a pint in Foxy Johns. :)

BTW I'll be driving, sacriglege I know, but I'm a complete newbie and my bike is only arriving tomorrow followed by pedals on Monday :mad:

The forecast is looking like rain, but Dingle is usually drier than other areas so fingers crossed. I'll PM you later.

Cheers,

Murph

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Cav again!

Planet X wrote: »
    Cav again!

Erm.... ?

Murph

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Sorry :(
    Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Don't spoil it!!!!!

DOH !! :)

Murph ( Keyboard impression across forehead ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

Planet X wrote: »
    Cav again!

Aw come on mate - use the jaysus spoiler tag will you! I managed to get through last evening without knowing who won so that I could enjoy the highlights. Won't be so exciting this evening now!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

11.55 tonight - Don't think RTE are particularly interested in this event

• Advertisement
Advertisement