Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henrik Larsson "considering" return to EPL

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If you took the best attributes of those 3 players and put them together Larsson would still be a better player.

5 years ago.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A 36 year old Larsson is still better than all of them though.

Please come back to Celtic Henke!

I've heard it all now

Maybe he should go back to Celtic. More his level than the Prem right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'd love to see him in a utd shirt again, was very happy with his impact on his loan spell with us. His call up to the Sweden squad recently shows he can still perform a role at a very high level.

Out of interest, can you construct a group of players 35 and over, for example, and how well could they compete in say, the uefa cup?

mine looks a little something like this:

van der Sar

--R. Carlos---maldini---stam*---Zanetti---

Edgar Davids

Nedvěd--Rivaldo--Figo

inzaghi--larsson

subs: Coupet, Serginho, Cafu, Rui Costa

*=think he's retired (possible replacement anyone?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Stam indeed retired. Almost a year ago.

Larsson could still do a job for lots of teams, no doubt about that.
    It was/is Larsson who makes his striking partner play better.
    For all i remember he did look better than Ibrahomovic during euro 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

weemcd wrote: »
    I'd love to see him in a utd shirt again, was very happy with his impact on his loan spell with us. His call up to the Sweden squad recently shows he can still perform a role at a very high level.

Out of interest, can you construct a group of players 35 and over, for example, and how well could they compete in say, the uefa cup?

van der Sa

Edgar Davids

Nedvěd--Rivaldo--Figo

inzaghi--larsson

Would be a slow as f*** team but would be absolute class to watch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

MOG7 wrote: »
    Would be a slow as f*** team but would be absolute class to watch...

agreed pace wouldn't be their strength, but inzaghi's still as poachy as ever and there would be some good delivery from the midfield, couldn't see them going into extra time though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

weemcd wrote: »

van der Sar

Edgar Davids

Nedvěd--Rivaldo--Figo

inzaghi--larsson

Materazzi for Stam? He's 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Put Carlos on the left and Cafu on the right and either choose between playing Zanetti or Davids holding.

Zanetti as a holder? That's prosposterone if I ever did hear it. The best think about Sir Javier is his excellent attacks. Davids on the other hand is tailor made to be a DMF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Hypia in for Stam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

well united could certainly do with Mr.Larsson nopw that they've gotten rid of the heap that is Louis Saha :D

Matrix > Hyypia.

Matrix? am i missing something?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Matrix? am i missing something?

Materazzi. I think he has more to offer at 35 than Hyypia does at 34.

meh, i hate matterazzi, and they came up against eachother last year...."matrix" lost his head and got sent out while getting the run around from Torres, Hypia kept a clean sheet home and away and progressed to the QF :)

• Advertisement

That was arguably the softest sending off I've ever seen. I don't like the guy either, but I think he will have a more instrumental role in Inter's retention of Serie A, and possible CL success, than Hyypia will have in Liverpools title ambitions.

true enough i suppose.

just hate him. and the sending off was a definate ;) he was lucky to escape further punishment from Uefa ;)

Hahah, touching Torres is a no go for anybody but Mr_Alan then ya? :pac: Anybody that attempts to shall be sanction by the all powerful Platini!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Didi Hamann would have to be in there as the holder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Dean Windass to play the super sub role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ziggy wrote: »

is this in the right thread?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

It sure is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

kryogen wrote: »
    is this in the right thread?:confused:

Why are you confused?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ziggy wrote: »

If Keane left Liverpool now then yes, his stay would be seen as a failure. But he 's not leaving so it's a totally different issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

So 10 goals in 130 games would not be deemed a failure because he stayed longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Let's not the forget the assist in the Everton game!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So 10 goals in 130 games would not be deemed a failure because he stayed longer?

Where did I say that? The assumption is the goals to games ratio will improve with games played, if not, then yes hes a failure.

Don't just make stuff up I clearly didn't say or imply and run it as the truth. Leave the tabloid stuff to the rags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

just noticed this thread tonight.

I can't believe some people are dismissing larsson because he scored 3 in 13 at utd and is in his late 30's. At the euros he proved hes the best player in a sweden shirt, much classier, smarter and a harder worker than that lazy git ibrahamovic. his movement and first touch were outstanding.

Comparing him to Keane isn't really fair on either player. Keane has a few more years ahead of him to try and catch up with Larsson in terms of reputation, goals and honours.

I'm a huge fan of both players but to suggest larsson could not hack it in the EPL is just plain ignorant. If he can show his class in the euros I'm sure he could do it against wigan/bolton/arsenal/chelsea.

Advertisement