Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daim

• 28-08-2008 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I've just eaten one, and I have to say, they are bleedin' delish. :D

I love them.

It says Kraft Foods on the packet, with this logo

610x.jpg

What other chocolate does this company make, the chocolate is more velvety than Galaxy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

these are just foreign Dime bars, right?

Damn foreign bars... coming in here, taking our ... eh... munchies?

I was in Sweden a couple of years back, and they huge there.
    I think the company Marabou there makes them. The plain big bars of choccy were delish, and just like Dime chocolate.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marabou_(chocolate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Yeh, they're just Dime bars, don't know what other bars they make. What brand are they even sold under here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

After reading this thread I had to go get me a Dime bar, but they only had Daims in the shop (I bought it anyway).
    Des wrote: »
    What other chocolate does this company make, the chocolate is more velvety than Galaxy.

I had a look on the Kraft website to see what other products they have and they make Toblerones and Oreos. I found a recipe for an Oreo cheesecake, looks delicious, damn you Des!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You can buy them in bulk in Ikea... so if you know anyone going up there - get them to buy a few kilo bags of the minis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Freeze them, smash em up into tiny pieces and put them on/in icecream!
    My patented way to gain weight fast;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I think all Dime bars are Daim now. I haven't seen a Dime in years. Remember the ad with Harry Enfield. Duh-ime Bar and Armadillos. I liked it when I was younger but jesus it would annoy the crap out of me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I farcking LOVE dime bars. I'm in Sweden right now, and I have maribou bars (nicest chocolate in the world) with little daim pieces in. I swear, it's the best ever. I'll bring you back a couple of packs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Maelkechokolade med mandelkrokant (25%).

Ingredienser: Socker, skummjolkspulver, kakomassa, smorfett/smorolie, vassle.

It's the skummjolkspulver that makes it so good imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

tbh wrote: »
    I farcking LOVE dime bars. I'm in Sweden right now, and I have maribou bars (nicest chocolate in the world) with little daim pieces in. I swear, it's the best ever. I'll bring you back a couple of packs :)

they were FAB!!

Think I'll book a cheap flight back to Gotenburg just to stock up again! :pac:

Hope you're enjoying all the Haribo too.

Advertisement