Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tired and Emotional

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

ChewChew wrote: »
    For for me the best thing I do on days like this is have a good old winge, have a shower, get into my jammies, and text my best buddy!!! :D:D:D

I sometimes have a cry in the shower - I find it calming, and afterwards when i put on my flannel pjs it's the calm after the storm, nice early night and then i'm back to normal again the next day.

This thread is very re-assuring, i'm glad i'm not the only one who has cried while scoffing chocolate, and who makes snorting sounds when crying sometimes!

ETA: the 'male form appreciation thread' here on the ladies lounge is also very good for lifting the spirits.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My thing while I was at college and feeling crap was a whole lasagne and a tub of Ben and Jerrys, anything with chocolate in it.

That always made me feel great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

janeybabe wrote: »
    My thing while I was at college and feeling crap was a whole lasagne and a tub of Ben and Jerrys, anything with chocolate in it.

That always made me feel great.

+1

Ben n Jerry's Cookie Dough.....better than a bucket of nurofen!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Bijoux wrote: »
    +1

Ben n Jerry's Cookie Dough.....better than a bucket of nurofen!

NO NO NO!!! Ben & Jerry's Caramel ChewChew ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Cuddles from my dogs or my boy....prefer the dog cuddles though :p and wrap up warm and watch Love Actually. Yes I am a loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

TBH, the only thing that makes me feel better is going back to bed for a sleep...

Saving that, Having a moan down the phone to my oh, sis, mam & dad or best mate...

Hugs from the kids, Although I dont like them seeing me with teary eyes..

Hope your feeling better soon.. I hope this thread helped you get it out of your system today..

Oh and for Chew chew...

Hope everything is ok with hosp!!

poor you, there is nothing worse than when you are in that mood and nobody, including yourself, understands why.

2 days ago my boss asked me how i was and i broke down crying, ended up sitting in his office for an hour blubbering about everything right down to my housemates not flushing the toilet aftyer themselves, the poor man will never ask me how i am again!!:(

Aww no morto :( What a nice boss though.

ChewChew wrote: »
    NO NO NO!!! Ben & Jerry's Caramel ChewChew ;)

Feckit, any Ben n Jerrys will do!
    Except Phish Food, thats too much chocolate, even for me!!!

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Cuddles from my dogs or my boy....prefer the dog cuddles though :p and wrap up warm and watch Love Actually. Yes I am a loser.

Ah I love that film!
    What really gets me is the song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash30RfaxkY

That music alone can send me into tears....I love the bit with Keira Knightley and her husbands best friend...when he calls to the door and tells her she's perfect.....oh and the bit where she looks at the wedding video he recorded...awwwww I really want to see it now!!! :o

Bijoux wrote: »

Ah I love that film!
    What really gets me is the song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash30RfaxkY

That music alone can send me into tears....I love the bit with Keira Knightley and her husbands best friend...when he calls to the door and tells her she's perfect.....oh and the bit where she looks at the wedding video he recorded...awwwww I really want to see it now!!! :o

My favourite scene of any movie I think. Ahhh love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I had one of those days recently, very stressful indeed. I went home and sobbed for a half hour. I would have liked the comforting presence of my boyfriend - and then I remembered I don't have a boyfriend :(.

Then I had another cry.

But everythings cured by chocolate in the end :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Drift wrote: »
    OK so here's the killer point. What happens when this occurs and the only one present is a man, not your OH, just a friend but not a very close one.

What do you expect him to do? Should I hug a girl who's crying because her sandwich fell apart? Should I go and get her a new sandwich? Should I not do anything? Should I leave?

I hate seeing girls crying and when it's something major a hug or a shoulder is the best thing to offer. But in the face of a sandwich or breakfast emergency I don't know whether it's appropriate to hug a girl who I know but not that well. Whats a guy to do like?!!!

TBH everyones different, with myself I;d like a hug and make me laugh.

As for the tired and emotional, I usually go up to the airport and watch the planes taking off, or take a long hot shower and bawl into it, or take a long drive singing to Rocferry at the top of my lungs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Can someone give me a virtual hug I am having a ****ty week. I hate moaning and I darent venture into PI :D

My OH left Monday. I'm on my own with 2 kids now. I got a letter from my job the next day saying my salary is halved as i am out too long (since march) with my post natal depression.

I have my appointment coming up next week for my 6 monthly check for my precancer cells and its so horrible i hate it.

But worse than anything my foster puppy is sick and in the vets overnight and i dont know if hes going to make it. It happened so suddenly. I didnt cry over my relationship but i cant stop bawling over my puppy.

I would be forever grateful if you guys could send a hug my way :(

Aww no :( ****BIGGEST HUGS EVER**** Trinity <3<3<3

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jesus Trinity thats awful, poor love.
    BIG HUG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

multiple hugs to trinity....bejubus....it never rains but it pours...

I hope your puppy is ok;my cats having an op tomorro too!!

Anyway, HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!

Seeing as we're talking about Josh Groban on another thread thought this was a good pick me up song when you're feeling down.

Awh thanks you guys you are great.

I dunno what i would do without my make believe friend on da internet :D

Trinity1 wrote: »
    Awh thanks you guys you are great.

I dunno what i would do without my make believe friend on da internet :D

I'm sure there'll be plenty more that follow. Hope everything will be okay for you Trinity. You'll get through it x

I'm sure there'll be plenty more that follow. Hope everything will be okay for you Trinity. You'll get through it x

Things always get better don't they though? I think so anyway. Just when you have given up, something happens and you think yes life is good. I dont know what i will do if anything happens to bebo (pup). I dont handle loss well :(

I'm sorry OP for hijacking your thread i just didnt wanna start me own :)

Hang in there little buddy. Mammy is rooting for you and your brother misses you too xxxxxxxxxx

bebo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Can someone give me a virtual hug I am having a ****ty week. I hate moaning and I darent venture into PI :D

My OH left Monday. I'm on my own with 2 kids now. I got a letter from my job the next day saying my salary is halved as i am out too long (since march) with my post natal depression.

I have my appointment coming up next week for my 6 monthly check for my precancer cells and its so horrible i hate it.

But worse than anything my foster puppy is sick and in the vets overnight and i dont know if hes going to make it. It happened so suddenly. I didnt cry over my relationship but i cant stop bawling over my puppy.

Things will get better :) and here is a few hugs for you !!

• Advertisement

They will get better Trinity. Hang in there Bebo x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Awww..your foster puppy is the dotest thing!! Really hope he'll pull through! He's got all our thoughts!

As you for you Trin...*hugs*!! Don't let this shitty week get you down. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

bebo.jpg

ahhhh, is sooooo cute

Oh and ye HUUUGGGG

My favourite scene of any movie I think. Ahhh love it :)

*tear* it's so sad!

Trinity1, you're having a very hard time, but stay strong and you will get through it!
    A million hugs being sent your way from everyone who read that, I'm sure!

And as regards the OH, you're prob better off without him, if he left you in a situation like that.

Hope your puppy is ok!
    *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I want to watch love actually now but it's not Christmas :(

Piste wrote: »
    I want to watch love actually now but it's not Christmas :(

It doesn't have to be Christmas for you to watch it, I watch it every now and then. Aww how good is it watching it in the run up to Christmas though. I really need to get over my obsession with this film!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

No it does! Otherwise it'll just seem weird, like singing carols when its not Christmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

O, God, I hate when I get tired and emotional, i'm like somebody possessed.

I usually recover by crying a bit, then having a shower, something sugary, and dressing myself up a wee bit.

That's exactly what I do! The something sugar is always Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia. Yum.

Piste wrote: »
    No it does! Otherwise it'll just seem weird, like singing carols when its not Christmas...

Blasphemy!!!!!

• Advertisement

AAwww! I don't think I can cope if that gorgeous little creature doesn't pull through. Nevermind you! :(:(

((((((((Trinity)))))))))

Advertisement