Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tired and Emotional

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Fletch123 wrote: »
    You know when you're having just one of those days, where you seem to be on the brink of tears?

What do you do to cheer yourself up? Or do you give in and have a cry to get it out of system?

I had a good morning today, did a really good job interview. Have a surgeon's appointment this evening and rang the hospital to get directions. I was told it's the private hospital, and then she said goodbye and hung up while I was mid sentence- tears flooded my eyes because some rude wagon hung up on me- how ridiculous!

I like to have a glass of wine and watch a good movie to take my mind off things. Or else go for a brisk walk!

I thought this was a post from a guy. Im going he fellah been there snap out of it. Tomorrows another day go to work and on Saturday footballs on the telly.

Then I see its a girl and girls form cocoons for each other. Movies wine chocolates. Man guys are light years behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Moonbaby wrote: »
    AAwww! I don't think I can cope if that gorgeous little creature doesn't pull through. Nevermind you! :(:(

((((((((Trinity)))))))))

HE IS OK!!!

Hes made a remarkable turnaround and is in great form! Hes even ready to come home today. Happy days!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Trinity1 wrote: »
    HE IS OK!!!

Hes made a remarkable turnaround and is in great form! Hes even ready to come home today. Happy days!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    Arent dogs the best thing? In fact, hugging your dog and telling him all about the sh1te that is your life is one of THE best pick-me-ups. Cos dogs dont try and help. They are just warm and cuddly and there.

Great news Trinity. Big hugs and heres hoping life is on the up for ya. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

I had one of those day days on Wednesday - boss had a go at me and the tears were welling up in my eyes - it didn't help that its that time of month too and I haven't had a hol since last Sept :-)
    Went home and watched Jerry Springer on Who do you think you are and bawled my eyes out watching it - it did the job, feel fine today although it is Friday!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Oryx wrote: »
    These moods can be so irrational and random. Isnt it embarrassing when you break down in front of someone and faced with their shock and real concern, when they ask what on earth is wrong, you have to say 'I spilt my breakfast' or 'my sandwich fell apart'. Its just these things are the straw that breaks the camels back when you feel lousy, but you feel so daft trying to explain.

Ahhh, that post has brightened up my day :)

• Advertisement

Arent dogs the best thing? In fact, hugging your dog and telling him all about the sh1te that is your life is one of THE best pick-me-ups. Cos dogs dont try and help. They are just warm and cuddly and there.

Great news Trinity. Big hugs and heres hoping life is on the up for ya. xxx

I've 3 dogs and 2 rabbits so i am all cuddled out, i think they might leave me though, i am too needy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I had one of 'those days' on wednesday, couldnt sleep as neighbours alarm going off all week. I also started back at college part-time and class was TERRIBLE, felt like crying after that class and had to wait for train for an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I'm having one of those weeks

:( Feeling fairly crappy a lot, my boyfriend doesn't seem to care or notice that I'm feeling very down..(but sure he hasn't seen me..not really talked to me!! :mad:) and everyones bugging me....except my doggies, i can always rely on them!

I went and bought myself (yes bought myself, another :mad:) some sunflowers the other day to cheer me up but they haven't really.

I've seemed to have taken to cleaning though..I wanted to clear loads of crap and old college notes from my room but I've pretty much cleaned everywhere but my room.I cleaned my Massage treatment room from top to bottom, the porch (my mother had too many plants in it), the messy press above the oven in the kitchen, the bathroom..

It's my birthday next week and I'm really not looking forward to it as there's a family issue happening that day. I just want to be loved and cheered up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

HE IS OK!!!

Delighted!!!! Go Bebo! :)

That is just brilliant Trinity! Am so glad to hear it. :):):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Hey, great news on bebo Trin and I hope everythin else is startign to feel better as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hey Trinity, so glad your puppy is on the mend. ((((HUGS)))) I hope the other stuff works out the way you want it to.

XXX
    :)

I'm having one of those weeks

:( Feeling fairly crappy a lot, my boyfriend doesn't seem to care or notice that I'm feeling very down..(but sure he hasn't seen me..not really talked to me!! :mad:) and everyones bugging me....except my doggies, i can always rely on them!
    Sometimes men need to be told outright whats going on. Not all men are good on picking up hints and seeing stuff like this. (sorry to generalise, men) Tell him, Im sure hell be grand once he knows.

Remember if people are bugging you, to say NO.
    I went and bought myself (yes bought myself, another :mad:) some sunflowers the other day to cheer me up but they haven't really.
    I buy lillies for the lovely smell. But flowers work best when youve got your feet up with a cuppa to properly appreciate them.
    I've seemed to have taken to cleaning though..I wanted to clear loads of crap and old college notes from my room but I've pretty much cleaned everywhere but my room.I cleaned my Massage treatment room from top to bottom, the porch (my mother had too many plants in it), the messy press above the oven in the kitchen, the bathroom..
    Mess always makes me worse when Im moody, so I can understand the need to clean. When its done, get in a hot bubbly bath and soak with wine chocolate or whatever your poison is. When you get out and plop in your bathrobe and look around your clean space youll feel dead chuffed.
    It's my birthday next week and I'm really not looking forward to it as there's a family issue happening that day. I just want to be loved and cheered up :(
    Well, happy birthday early. Do something nice for yourself that day anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Can someone give me a virtual hug I am having a ****ty week. I hate moaning and I darent venture into PI :D

My OH left Monday. I'm on my own with 2 kids now. I got a letter from my job the next day saying my salary is halved as i am out too long (since march) with my post natal depression.

I have my appointment coming up next week for my 6 monthly check for my precancer cells and its so horrible i hate it.

But worse than anything my foster puppy is sick and in the vets overnight and i dont know if hes going to make it. It happened so suddenly. I didnt cry over my relationship but i cant stop bawling over my puppy.

I would be forever grateful if you guys could send a hug my way :(

Jesus, Shakespeare wasn't joking when he said 'troubles come not in single spies, but battalions'!
    That sucks for you Trinity. But ease your mind knowing you're off the Life Throws ****e At You List for a long time, nobody could have all that happen and then deal with more. You get about one bad week a month, I'd say this is your quota filled for the forseeable!
    Hope things pick up for you soon, take things slowly and remember, you're much stronger than you think you are!
    Hugs

Can someone give me a virtual hug I am having a ****ty week. I hate moaning and I darent venture into PI :D

My OH left Monday. I'm on my own with 2 kids now. I got a letter from my job the next day saying my salary is halved as i am out too long (since march) with my post natal depression.

I have my appointment coming up next week for my 6 monthly check for my precancer cells and its so horrible i hate it.

But worse than anything my foster puppy is sick and in the vets overnight and i dont know if hes going to make it. It happened so suddenly. I didnt cry over my relationship but i cant stop bawling over my puppy.

I would be forever grateful if you guys could send a hug my way :(
    Trinity big hug from me too.

Depression is horrible. take things slowly and avoid extreme things and booze.It gets better and so do puppies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

Watching a sad film to get the weepy out of my system followed by a long sleep.

and chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was over my tired and emotional stage and was so happy with my first proper day of my first real job (I'm all growed up now!) and then I came home, logged onto boards, and some asshat had decided to tell me I made mistakes when posting in Irish. Cue irrational tears!

No, I will not let self-righteous Irish-speakers get to me. I will be one of those Irish speakers who praises those who make an effort! Grrrrr!

janey, I spent 13 years in formal education learning Irish, I passed honours leaving cert, and I can neither speak nor write a word of it x years later. So anyone who can string a few words at all is doin good to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

janey, I spent 13 years in formal education learning Irish, I passed honours leaving cert, and I can neither speak nor write a word of it x years later. So anyone who can string a few words at all is doin good to me. :)

Yeah but I have a degree in Irish and am now an Irish teacher! :(

It's ok, I know my Irish is good and that's all that matters.

And I also agree that anyone who can string a few words together is brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Raemie wrote: »
    Watching a sad film to get the weepy out of my system followed by a long sleep.

and chocolate!

The Note Book :o

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    Yeah but I have a degree in Irish and am now an Irish teacher! :(

It's ok, I know my Irish is good and that's all that matters.

And I also agree that anyone who can string a few words together is brilliant!

I don't know....I think we all suck.....I'd love better Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 collywolly123

gcgirl wrote: »
    The Note Book :o

oh god that film is the worst!!
    or the best im not sure!!

id broken up with my boyfriend and my girls had put on all the fun that was the only one left to watch...Bawled my eyes out into the sleeve of my morning gown..*yuck!!*:o

but its actually so funny how we get upset over nothing around a certain week in the month..

had a french oral the other day and i couldnhink of a word,...burst into tears and my lecturer nearly died...:eek:

or the times when your walking home 4rm a saturday night out with a couple of single girls,...the conversation can go from "oh what a night !!" to "ohhhh what a night and im going home still on my own :("

But to be honest, we do laugh about it in the morning ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Bijoux wrote: »
    What really gets me is the song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash30RfaxkY

That music alone can send me into tears....

Yea! It gets me so emotional. And the violin music for Colin Firth and Auralia. So beautiful :( Awh... I love that film so much. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmmojewOIv4

janeybabe wrote: »
    I was over my tired and emotional stage and was so happy with my first proper day of my first real job (I'm all growed up now!) and then I came home, logged onto boards, and some asshat had decided to tell me I made mistakes when posting in Irish. Cue irrational tears!

No, I will not let self-righteous Irish-speakers get to me. I will be one of those Irish speakers who praises those who make an effort! Grrrrr!

Janeybabe - the schoolbook irish that passes for the language nowdays is a kind of Irish Esperanto made up in the Conradh na Gaelige Club in Harcourt Street Dublin in a drunken binge by two jackeens and one corkman in 1966-7 celebratin the 1916 rising

the corkman still there and looks a bit like papa smurf :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

I find that having a watch of dumb and dumber always does the trick. no matter how bad I feel, watching Jim Carey fight with his best mate over a woman always makes me feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Gosh, seems like everyone is having one of those days/weeks!

My day on Thursday got worse- have to have an operation in a few weeks; tried to keep the peace with my Dad by going to visit home and ended up throwing away my evening/night :rolleyes: ; and accidentally made my lil bro cry...

Luckily OH rescued me and whisked me away for a bottle of wine and a chat.

Amazing how a person can have such a calming influence on a you- another bad thing happened to me yesterday, and was about to get into a tearful rage but OH put things in perspective and instead I had a lovely day!

And I only needed a bit of chocolate ice cream to get through it! :D

Next week will be better girls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Call in sick, switch off my phone, hope someone visits for hugs (and is happy with just hugs, not wanting to maul me when I'm fragile lol), a good movie and some yummy chocolate.

And hope of a better tomorrow.....cheeeeeeese :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HE IS OK!!!

Aww Trinity that's great news :)

Hugs for you dealing with all that crap :(

nouggatti wrote: »
    Aww Trinity that's great news :)

Hugs for you dealing with all that crap :(

I didnt want to hijack again but hes actually not better hes worse and i think he is definately not going to make it. I knew the minute he came home he was by no means better (i didnt pick him up from vet myself) but he just deteriorated over night.

I'm shocked they sent him home. I brought him back to vet yesterday morning and they think its possibly parvo. Not holding out any hope for my little man at all. There was no improvement this morning when the vet rang.

His brother is still fine though i dont understand it, i have them just 10 days now so i think thats the incubation period up for parvo unless he gets ill suddenly.

My son is pretty sick at the mo too so not on much but hugs to everyone thats having a ****ty time of things :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I didnt want to hijack again but hes actually not better hes worse and i think he is definately not going to make it. I knew the minute he came home he was by no means better (i didnt pick him up from vet myself) but he just deteriorated over night.

I'm shocked they sent him home. I brought him back to vet yesterday morning and they think its possibly parvo. Not holding out any hope for my little man at all. There was no improvement this morning when the vet rang.

His brother is still fine though i dont understand it, i have them just 10 days now so i think thats the incubation period up for parvo unless he gets ill suddenly.

My son is pretty sick at the mo too so not on much but hugs to everyone thats having a ****ty time of things :o

Ah no that's awful *hugs* to you all, I hope your pup pulls through :(

I've had foster puppies in the past that got sick, it's an awful worry :(

Advertisement