Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ned's of Townsend Street

Options
  • 28-08-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Has anyone here been to Ned's of Townsend Street recently?

It was a great pub, but changed hands a few months ago. I was back once since it reopened, and three LCD TVs, a jukebox and a poker machine had been added. Music was playing loud.

Bit of a disaster for what had been a very good pub.

But maybe the new owners have copped on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭golum

Was last there just before Christmas at about 9am- best time to visit.
    No loud music, no frills, no pr**ks Dartboard and oul lads supping pints.
    Definitely a good spot for an early drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Has anyone here been to Ned's of Townsend Street recently?

It was a great pub, but changed hands a few months ago. I was back once since it reopened, and three LCD TVs, a jukebox and a poker machine had been added. Music was playing loud.

Bit of a disaster for what had been a very good pub.

But maybe the new owners have copped on?

I'm afraid they didn't cop on. The juke boxes are a pain in the ears and an anagram of ears.... a decent pub ruined. I drank there 23 years, but alas, no more. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I was only in there once, and I can't actually remember if I did a walk through or actually stayed and had a pint!

They advertised that they opened at 7am. I remember waiting outside untill 7.30am one morning, and they still weren't open. Still a bit annoyed about that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Notatoxford

The <SNIP> must not have much education. The place has basically become a haven for the lowest common denominators of the city center.

EDIT: Careful now!

Advertisement