Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick NCT question

Options
  • 28-08-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

My NCT is on next Tuesday morning and I have a small chip in my windscreen. Will this be flagged as a possible fail?
    I have windscreen cover and could get it replaced (only happened yesterday. Typical!)

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I would strongly recommend getting it fixed, they will fail you for anything they possibly can as they work on commission.

I like loads of other people, presented my car for test it failed as lights were not correctly set, I drove home went back the next day and it passed and I had done nothing to adjust them. Also had to pay €30 for a re-test.

Seriously for your own sake get the chip fixed and then hopefully they can't fail you on anything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭patrickc

if the chip is smaller than a 5c coin you'll pass. ive one in my car and it passed
    http://www.ncts.ie/nctmanual.pdf page 10

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks for the link Patrick.

The link to the NCT manual is also in the forum charter, for future NCT questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I would strongly recommend getting it fixed, they will fail you for anything they possibly can as they work on commission.

Thats BS! Cracked windscreen is a free visual Re-Test btw, completely free of charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tom1979

the chip will only be a problem if its in direct line of sight of the driver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

Thanks for all the answers (and the link to the NCT info).
    It is a small chip but I guess i'll try get it replace before Tuesday just in case.

Cheers all.

Advertisement