Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i have to pay fees?

Options
  • 28-08-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi,
    hope someone can help me
    i started a plc level 5 course in 2002 and did 1 year before dropping out and now i've been accepted in ucd doing a level 8 degree.
    does any one know if i'll get free fees?

any help clearing this up for me would be great.

Comments

dster wrote: »
    hi,
    hope someone can help me
    i started a plc level 5 course in 2002 and did 1 year before dropping out and now i've been accepted in ucd doing a level 8 degree.

The official word on getting 'free fees' if you dropped out is that you've to wait 5 years and you'd be eligible again. So if you did one year you'd have finished in 2003, and it's now 2008. I don't know if the rule is stricly 'over 5 years' or '5 years or over though' so it's worth checking it out with the College/Dept. of Education.

/wait, that's for courses the same level. Hrm, I'd imagine you'd be ok since it's a higher level but I'm not sure. Best to check it out with the officials as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dster

cheers for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

dster wrote: »
    hi,
    hope someone can help me

No you don't have to pay fees as you've never done a level 8 before

Advertisement