Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epic Rock Band News!!! (Not the band, the amazingness)

Options
  • 28-08-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Huge news here

Confirmed by HMX too!!!
    Stocking the digital bins, EW.com has learned exclusively, will be seminal full albums by Foo Fighters (The Colour and the Shape), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar Sex Magik), Jane's Addiction (Nothing's Shocking), Megadeth (Peace Sells... But Who's Buying) and Stevie Ray Vaughn (Texas Flood), along with a specially-compiled No Doubt Best Of collection. All are slated to roll out in the coming months, according to MTV Games.

With the first Rock Band game selling over 3.5 million game units and 21 million songs since it first hit the market in November 2007, the appetite for downloadable content seems to be insatiable. The game began offering full album downloads earlier this year, kicking off with Judas Priest's Screaming for Vengeance and later adding the Pixies Dootlittle and the Cars' self-titled debut album. "We're surprised by how many people opted to get full albums," says Paul Degooyer, Senior Vice President at MTV Games. "But it’s a good value proposition. Talk about something that’s been lost and forgotten."

I own 4 of the 5 albums (don't have Nothing's Shocking), and really enjoy No Doubt.

SRV is my favourite guitarist and Texas Flood is arguably his best work. As for BSSM and TCATS, two amazing albums. My fav from each band.

I would have went for Rust in Peace or preferably Countdown to Extinction, but Peace Sells... will do the trick.

Don't really know much Jane's Addiction, but will check it out.

I couldn't be more excited, this get anyone else going??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very nice, B.E.

Some great albums there alright... I loved Texas Flood from GH1 (great fun to play) so the thoughts of a whole album of that makes me giddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

wow thats unreal news especially the BSSM and the Megadeth albums. Not too excited about No Doubt tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr E wrote: »
    Very nice, B.E.

Some great albums there alright... I loved Texas Flood from GH1 (great fun to play) so the thoughts of a whole album of that makes me giddy.

It was fantastic. Although Pride and Joy was fun to play in GH III the vocal cover was terrible, so it'l be great to take a proper run at that. Also, a few instrumentals... HMX are getting brave, with YYZ too! (whenever Moving Pictures actually comes out) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Definitely getting megadeath :D

Advertisement