Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

400 points?

• 28-08-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

hey,
    i've for 400 points left over from buying some games @ the start of the year.
    any suggestions what game to buy?

best idea i've come up with is to get some more points and buy Galaga Legions...
    which will most likely start a vicious circle of extra point.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Not too many good games out for the 400 price point as far as i know! Have you got Geometry Wars 2 or Braid or Bionic Commando Rearmed or Rez? they are all 800 (1200 for Braid) but they are all amazing arcade games! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

For 400 points 5 games come to mind:
    Marble Blast Ultra-Good for a puzzle game and multiplayer is fun as well.
    Geometry Wars 1-Good but the second one is much better
    Small Arms-Good little party game comparable to super smash bros
    Uno-Good at the beginning but gets repetitive
    WarlordsAgain Good at the beginning but gets repetitive

Id try the demos of each of them and choose which one you like the most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Go for braid. You already have geo2 so go for braid! seriously 1200 isnt that much and all you need is 800 points which is about 12 euro I think off the xbox.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Streets of Rage 2! or some rock band songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Golden Axe is 400 isnt it? Crap port but it brings back good memories of the oul Sega Megadrive :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Doom was reduced to 400 points and it is excellent. That's my suggestion, try the trial version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

+1 for Streets of Rage 2, or if you're willing to shell out for the extra points, go for geometry wars 2, its addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

+1 for Braid :) (so get some extra points)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

+1 for Braid, Duke Nukem is coming out on XBLA soon too. If its priced like Doom, you should be able to afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Marble Blast Ultra, awesome game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

-1 for Braid

Very overrated game imho
    People seem to be singing its praises just because its an indy game that turned out fairly well, rather than because it's an example of sheer excellence...
    More of a 8/10 game than the 10/10 that it seems to be getting

Galaga Legions is pretty cool, haven't played much of it so far but I can definitely see myself getting stuck into that. I'd say add 500 points and grab that for yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If Hexic or Hexic 2 are 400, grab one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Justlikemike

Marble Blast is the best value for 400 points, very enjoyable. Streets of Rage won't last long but you'll have nostalgia dripping out of your ears for as long as it lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

you'll have nostalgia dripping out of your ears for as long as it lasts.

Ha! gross! :D

Advertisement