Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards ToI September 27/28

Options
  • 28-08-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Splitting off from Blorg's thread about this

Who would definitely be interested in cycling to Cork on the weekend of 27/28 and taking the train back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I could be interested in it... downside will be majorly sweaty back from carrying our normal clothes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I plan to get a rack and I have some pannier bags. I could feasibly take 2/3 people's change of clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I would be interested, but I can't give you a definite answer just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd be on for it certainly.

blorg wrote: »
    I'd be on for it certainly.

Would you be on the tourer or the cayo?

• Advertisement

I reckon I would be on the tourer, but if you are going to carry my stuff, it's very good of you penexpers, I might take the Cayo :D

I reckon I would be on the tourer, but if you are going to carry my stuff, it's very good of you penexpers, I might take the Cayo :D

You bring the tourer and carry others peoples stuff too Blorg -might slow you down a lil!

That would be great, I have a couple of Anvils and gold bars I like to carry around on cycles, so if Blorg could carry them it would be swell!

I just had a look at the route on mapmyride, its not as bad profile-wise as I had assumed, chances of me going are increasing, at 62% now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I have tickets for a gig on the 27th (can't say who or where for legal reasons).

However, I will watch this space, because a boards 'Superspin' (to give it it's full and proper TinyExplosions title) might actually be enough incentive for me to give up my tickets.

I might volunteer to carry a couple of other's stuff as long as they are sensible and lightweight! E.g. if you have SPD shoes, wear them and don't bring a second pair, etc.

@DirkVoodoo- the route is flat as a pancake, I did a similar Cork-Dublin cycle a few months ago.

• Advertisement

I like pancakes! Feck it, count me in then penexpers! A few of my mates work in Cork, there is a slight chance I could organise to have one of them collect some gear next time he is up in Dublin and have it waiting in their place down there.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I like pancakes! Feck it, count me in then penexpers! A few of my mates work in Cork, there is a slight chance I could organise to have one of them collect some gear next time he is up in Dublin and have it waiting in their place down there.
    To be honest something like that would be a very good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Feck it im in need to start getting the miles in again ive been a lazy sh*te lately

unionman wrote: »
    I have tickets for a gig on the 27th (can't say who or where for legal reasons).

I like a challenge... on that date, we have a choice of:
    Amanda Palmer(The Dresden Dolls)
    Teddy Thompson
    Ladyhawk
    The Elvis Presley Story
    Joan Baez
    Goodgreef

Now... given Unionman's age, and what I know of his musical leanings (which isn't a huge amount) -I'm going to plump for Amanda Palmer, or Joan Baez as an outside bet...

Teddy Thompson
    Ladyhawk
    The Elvis Presley Story
    Joan Baez
    Goodgreef

Now... given Unionman's age, and what I know of his musical leanings (which isn't a huge amount) -I'm going to plump for Amanda Palmer, or Joan Baez as an outside bet...

And the prize goes to Tiny for Amanda. If I get cuffed and banned you're to blame!!:D

Given my age and my musical leanings? People are going to think I'm 60 when you preface like that, and Joan Baez? Seriously dude, that hurts.;)

Now, I'm off for a nice cup of tea and a sit down. Pipe? check, Slippers? check...

penexpers wrote: »
    Splitting off from Blorg's thread about this

Who would definitely be interested in cycling to Cork on the weekend of 27/28 and taking the train back?

Is the plan to split this as per blorgs original suggestion (Dublin-Cahir Saturday, Cahir-Cork Sunday)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Teddy Thompson
    Ladyhawk
    The Elvis Presley Story
    Joan Baez
    Goodgreef

I am pretty sure he mentioned the dresden dolls a couple of weeks ago...

I did didn't I?

I seem to remember banging on about "Brechtian Punk Cabaret"...

Sorry, really off topic now.

I think I might sacrifice the tickets for the SUPERSPIN.

*sssssh!* don't give the game away!

@Unionman -be thankful I didn't say you were goin to the Elvis show!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

As long as Unionman isn't allowed to be in charge of any music, ever, I'd be on for this.

• Advertisement

I was suggesting that split based on getting down to the ToI finish on time, but in any case, I think a longer one on the Saturday followed by a shorter one on the Sunday would work best in any case, we can relax a bit then on Saturday night.

Raam wrote: »
    As long as Unionman isn't allowed to be in charge of any music, ever, I'd be on for this.

Ooh that's harsh:confused:

I'm never allowed be in charge of anything:(

Just checking if people are still up for this?

... cycling w/ clothes in backpack eh? Very adventurous. I guess I could be in.

Or my panniers if you ask nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

Dudes

Parcel up all your change on clothes and drop by Huston then get them fasttracked to Cork and collect at the train station

Did this once when doing Athenry to Dublin

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

penexpers wrote: »
    Just checking if people are still up for this?

Ill let you know closer to the date im just trying to build the miles back up and shift a chest infection but its looking good

If it is to be a flat one I will volunteer a bit of space in my panniers too. No high heels mind.

Needabike's suggestion is also a good one.

If it is to be a flat one I will volunteer a bit of space in my panniers too. No high heels mind.

I think I would just use my MTB pedals and shoes, so no need to bring a spare pairt of shoes, just the miminum you know, hair dryer, straightner, make up :D ...

Serioulsy though, I am a girl but I can travel light if I need to.

Would we all stay in a B&B?

• Advertisement

Would we all stay in a B&B?

Depends on where we overnight, but probably.

Advertisement