Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards ToI September 27/28

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Sounds cool. How far is the first leg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Blorg had suggested Cahir I think. Best idea is to get most of the trip done on the first day and leave a small amount for the second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yes, there are plenty of options anyway what with the Tour of Ireland not being in the picture, doesn't absolutely have to go to Cork, could be some sort of out and back loop with ~200km first day and ~100km second day.

If we have a particularly strong turn-out Cork might not be the absolute best option as guards van space is a bit limited (I think they state an official count of max 6 bikes but 8 might well be possible.) Some other destinations have enormous guards' vans that will take a pretty unlimited number of bikes (Waterford and Killarney are two for example.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Also, the best may be train down, and cycling back -as trains back up to Dublin on Sunday evenings can be pretty busy at times... Galway anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Sorry guys, looks like I'm out of this. Work are sending me away to Seattle for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

penexpers wrote: »
    Sorry guys, looks like I'm out of this. Work are sending me away to Seattle for a few weeks.

Seattle? Outrageous! You know it rains nine months of the year in Sea...

Never mind:(

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Well just to completely mess it up- is 20/21 definately out for everyone? I ask only as the National Trails Day (www.nationaltrailsday.ie) is on 28th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    Well just to completely mess it up- is 20/21 definately out for everyone? I ask only as the National Trails Day (www.nationaltrailsday.ie) is on 28th September.

Dublin Wheelers randonee is on the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

I could be up for 20/21 or 27/28.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi guys, what's the status on this? I'd be interested in it - have to be back for the rugby match Sunday evening (28th) though :)

Also 20/21st suits too.

What kind of pace would you guys be doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

20/21 is out for me, forgot about the GAA final Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

blorg wrote: »
    Raam wrote: »
    Dublin Wheelers randonee is on the 21st.

hmm, well that's a dilly of a pickle.

i think i'd be in favour of doing the superspin on the 21/22 though. i have a sneaking suspicion that i might be the world's greatest mountain biker who just hasn't had the right opportunities, and there's only one way to find out if i'm right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    i think i'd be in favour of doing the superspin on the 21/22 though. i have a sneaking suspicion that i might be the world's second greatest mountain biker after TinyExplosions who just hasn't had the right opportunities, and there's only one way to find out if i'm right.

Fixed it for you there sir :)

Assuming this isn't going ahead, anyone on for something similar maybe first weekend of October?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Is it definitely off then?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is it definitely off then?
    I dunno, there hasn't been any updates on this thread from the original group of posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I suspect Blorg will re-ignite this one when he returns from his holliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

I am interested if it is still on.

Depending on needs I can leave Madone at home and take tourer and pannier(s) instead.

Advertisement