Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet for a month

Options
  • 28-08-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Alright, so I moved to new house near Prospect Hill, I'll share the house with few students. Unfortunately they will move in half or end of September. I have no doubt that they would be interested in internet but I don't have too much of patience and need the internet now! I just realized how hard life is without that small cable..:p

Is there any option for me to have the internet for 1 month only? Do I really have to sign a 6-months contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yeshi

Would you not just get the service switched over to the new house when you move? As far as I know you to sign a contract unless a provider offers a 30 day trial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

yeshi wrote: »
    Would you not just get the service switched over to the new house when you move? As far as I know you to sign a contract unless a provider offers a 30 day trial :)
    i dont think any of them do a trial to be honest,
    make more money the other way..
    have you tried 3g??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Yeshi, do you know what company provides that kind of trial? Sounds really interesting! Unfortunately I'm not originaly from Galway and don't know where internet providers are located..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try one of them 3G from o2 or vodafone or whatever. After 1 month give it back again (read contract first to see it can be done)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yeshi

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Yeshi, do you know what company provides that kind of trial?

Not off hand, I'd have to do my homework.

take a look at the 3G monthly plan but as already suggested make sure to read the contract first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

o2 seem to offer a 30day trial, could call into a shop and ask for the details. Just tell them you're not too sure if you'll get coverage so want to try it out first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Do you have a laptop? If so, the internet cafe down at the bottom of Eyre Square (not sure the name, but they sell tickets to the Aran Islands and stuff) has free WiFi, although they might say something if you kept going in without even buying a coffee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I've been in O2, they said that there's 30 days of trial. All I have to do is to sign a contract and pay €79 for USB modem. If I won't be happy enough, they'll cancel the contract and give me all money back. Otherwise it's €19,90 a month for 3mb (upgrade to 7mb soon).

Sounds good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

McDonalds in the Retail Park have free Wifi as well, I have sat outside with the laptop never had to buy anything

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement