Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum for a website

Options
  • 28-08-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I need a forum for my website and maybe a guestbook. preferably free! Has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Glenman wrote: »
    I need a forum for my website and maybe a guestbook. preferably free! Has anyone any suggestions?
    there are lots out there if you google either. phpbb is worth noting as a free forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I am fairly impressed with the latest version of PHPBB - looks quite nice - I don't know how secure it is these days though - as there was problems in the past with SQL injections etc afaik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

its secure enough but its the same with anything really theres always some kind of hole somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I am fairly impressed with the latest version of PHPBB - looks quite nice - I don't know how secure it is these days though - as there was problems in the past with SQL injections etc afaik.
    They have mostly all been covered up. Well, all known problems have been covered up. Huge step up on what PhpBB2 was. Much better.

I used it for a while on a project I was doing, and we had to interact with each other. It's quite nice actually, and the admin interface has seen massive improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

If you want something simpler than phpBB - Vanilla (getvanilla.com) and TinyBB are both good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

My recommendation is bbpress.org
    From the guys behind wordpress.org

Advertisement