Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL issues

• 28-08-2008 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Mods as this seems to be a Waterford issue could you indulge me?

Before I end up spending a year on the phone, can anyone tell me if they are missing the following digital stations

408 Sky Sports news
    412 Setanta Sports News
    416 At the Races.

No amount of fiddling and rebooting has worked :(

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

I have the small ntl box,all those channels you mentioned working here.
    Had a few channels go awol yesterday afternoon sounds something similar,they should be back soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

mike65 wrote: »

Before I end up spending a year on the phone, can anyone tell me if they are missing the following digital stations

408 Sky Sports news
    412 Setanta Sports News
    416 At the Races.

Mike

Mike, all mine were working earlier. I'll be home about 5 and will check for you then. I dont think I can mention which 'NTL' box I have on this forum though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mine is the little silver box model DC221 KN

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I think you just did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

another question dont mean to go off topic but hows your broadband going with NTL? Mines a bit crap lately dying every so often!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Mine was ****e last night. My pig was jumping all around the place. Spiking up to the 3000's , did a speedtest with it and it was at 550 or something . There is deffo something up in the area .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

My pig was jumping all around the place.

:D

tell your pig to sit down, the vibrations are causing interference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

NTL broadband has been fine for me and no missing channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers Ken (and all) as you are in the same neck of the woods I'll have to assume the worst, thats something to look forward to tomorrow :(

Mike

I'm on the 20 Mb package. Ping is ****ed as is the download upload. If you go to the BB forums you will see that the ping was much the same yesturday at about this time.

315209360.png

315210613.png

315211236.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm on the 20 Mb package.
    How or where are you getting that. The world country is badly divided ;)

UPC 20 Mb package for €40 per month. Best widely available BB deal in the country.

EDIT: When it works :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mike65 wrote: »

408 Sky Sports news
    412 Setanta Sports News
    416 At the Races.

Mike

Everything OK here. BB at 15 Megs but the Wireless Router usually slows it down by 25% at times.

315242591.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Yeah we lost our channels but like 40 of them, still hadn't come back up till yesterday. Broadband is working fine though. There did seem to be a larger presence of ntl vans around the place during the week whether it was maintenance, a fault, or hooking up new student houses i don't know but there was definitely a large presence.

Tried rebooting and it didn't change the situation. I have the ntl box that the wireless broadband is built into and it flipped out tuesday night whatever the story was. Anyone rang them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

On the subject of NTL, this might be something for people to look out for. The MMDS basic digital package that we were on was discontinued recently. We weren't told about it and were automatically put onto a more expensive package. It was only when they messed up our direct debits that I noticed. They then wanted a 'downgrading fee' of €10 to go onto a cheaper one, which is what we would have done in the first place had we been offered it! Anyway, just something to look out for.

Advertisement