Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build and a rebuild.

Options
  • 28-08-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

So I've had my current machine since Jan 07. It was my first build so it was a complete mishmash of parts with little no research gone in to it. (Cheap PSU problems anyone?)

I'm planning a completly new build in the next few weeks, and will be ordering most, if not everything from HWV. While I feel its time to replace the old machine it holds some sentimental value, so rather than flog all the parts, im gonna turn her into a HTPC / file server.

Shiva MKI:
    AMD Athlone 64 X2 4200+
    Abit AN-M2S Mobo
    2GB Corsair Value-S PC5300
    Hiper Type-R 620w modular PSU
    XFX 9700gs
    Point of View Turbine case
    Samsung SpinPoint T166 320GB
    NEC DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

So the plan for the new builds are :

Shiva MKII
    AMD Athlone 64 X2 4200+
    Abit AN-M2S Mobo
    2GB Corsair Value-S PC5300
    XFX 9700gs with a passive Arctic Cooling Accelero
    Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB
    Blueray drive
    Corsair VX 550W
    NZXT Hush

Boomer MKI
    Intel E8500
    Thermalright Ultra-120
    ASUS P5Q Pro P45
    4GB OCZ Reaper PC8500
    Sapphire HD4870 (1GB version if its available)
    Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB
    Hiper Type-R 620w modular PSU
    Coolermaster Cosmos S

The name Boomer came from that the hottest of actresses Grace Park on the most awesome of tv shows Battlestar Galactica. The csomos-s looks just like a fraking cylon with the red "eye" at the top! I planning on doing some sort of LED mod in the top drive bay to get the pulsing cylon/KITT look going on.

So, any recomendations or advice on any of the parts?

Advertisement