Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewood in Maynooth?

Options
  • 28-08-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Nights are fair drawin' in, now, aye.

And it puts a man in mind of an open fire. Mmm, fire.

And for an open fire, you need things to burn. I prefer wood, but I haven't seen any for sale in Maynooth yet. Is it just too early in the year, or do I need to go further afield?

If I get to choose, I'd prefer sustainable Irish hardwoods, thank you, but I'll settle for fir offcuts or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Most estates have trees lining the road. Just blame it on those damn kids.

Choppy choppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I can get pallets... am in celbridge, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

shblob wrote: »
    I can get pallets... am in celbridge, pm me.

Is that sh*tty pallets or europallets? I wouldnt give away euros, ya can get money for them

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Varkov wrote: »
    Most estates have trees lining the road. Just blame it on those damn kids.

Choppy choppy.

Interesting prospect, but I reckon I'd only get enough for a few weeks burning before people started to notice. And green wood isn't the best burning, either...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

gothwalk wrote: »
    I reckon I'd only get enough for a few weeks

You move on to burning the kids themselves, at that stage. Phfff! Amateur!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

cgarvey wrote: »
    You move on to burning the kids themselves, at that stage. Phfff! Amateur!

But there's no burning on kids these days, not like when we were kids and you'd get three days fire out of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

If ye can, get the firelogs made from compacted sawdust, they burn really well for ages with shag all mess after... I think Fordes furniture superstore somewhere in the back of beyond (kilcloon area) sell them...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Not much help unforunately, but I could have sworn I saw a petrol station recently selling bags of sticks. It was somewhere in either Naas/Kill/Kilcock/Maynooth or possibly that one beside the Foxhunter in Lucan, sorry I cant be more specific!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Try esso garage in maynooth. I know we used to get bags of logs there last year anyways

Advertisement