Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop 500-600euro??

• 28-08-2008 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

Anyone know of a decent laptop for playing few games and surfing etc??

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

DID selling a Toshiba with 2GB ram and 200 GB harddrive. Intel Dual core. for €499

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

www.laptopsdirect.ie

Got a couple of laptops here delivery in 2-3 days.

Should get a good Toshiba dual core amd with 2GB of ram for less than €450

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Dell vostros pretty cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

dingding wrote: »
    www.laptopsdirect.ie

Got a couple of laptops here delivery in 2-3 days.

Should get a good Toshiba dual core amd with 2GB of ram for less than €450

I ordered a new laptop(An Acer 5715z, 390e delivered) from them there last night and i'm still waiting for just the payment to go through.I'll be lucky to have it by Monday at this rate:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well, just want to say i'd steer clear of laptops direct. Recently had problems with a machine i bought, and their is no customer service, truly shocking service, was fobbed off to the manufacturer, luckily i've gotten somewhere through the manufacturer but laptopsdirect were useless. Now i know there are deals to be had, it's just their customer service that i have a problem with.
    Can't go too far wrong with Dell outlet, you'd pick up a fine machine for your budget OP, xps 1530 etc
    And another +1 for the vostros, quite cheap, well made, and good spec for the cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'd say you're right about that.Their customer service is clearly awful.Takes them an age to respond to my emails.They were, though, in my case, substantially cheaper than anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Advertisement