Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky box and roof aeriel

• 28-08-2008 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

I want to use the ariel for RTE/TV3 and the sky box (unsubscribed) for all the other channels. At the moment I have to switch the leads at the back of the TV. I have a magic eye on the sky lead.
    What do I need to combine the two into one and still be able to use the magic eye.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Rippy

Errr, nothing? Tv aerial goes into aerial in on sky box. lead from RF1 on sky box to aerial socket on TV. Cable from RF2 to magic eye at other TV. Aerial channels will be combined with RF modulator output of sky box. Just tune them in on your TVs . No lead swapping needed . You may need to change the RF channel output of the sky box if it clashes with something received over the aerial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

Sorry I forgot to say that the sky box in in another room! and the aeriel is beside the TV. Hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

as Rippy said.
    Connect the Aerial (for rte) into the sky box.
    you will have to re route this if it is not in the same room.
    i take it you have a coax from the sky box into the room where the aerial is (and other tv)

Advertisement