Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make 5 Changes...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I believe; That in current day wrestling, there is no such thing as a legitimate surprise. You'd literally have to disconnect from the internet in order to get a legit surprise (and you'd have to warn people you know to not tell you about things they read on the net).
    Not necessarily true. When Floyd Mayweather jumped out of crowd and bloodied Big Shows nose live on PPV a few months ago I was genuinely shocked and marked like a 10 year old. I'm so glad I caught it live, without spoilers because it was legitimately out of the blue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Doesn't he have a new baby?

Maybe WWE are treating one of their top talent really well and giving him some family time, but need a different reason for TV as his character isn't a married family man?

Either that or he failed wellness or just rolled out of bed rehurting his shoulder (not very rock n roll).

rovert wrote: »
    Either that or he failed wellness or just rolled out of bed rehurting his shoulder (not very rock n roll).

I think its the baby. They wouldn't be testing him if he wasn't active i dont think.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Not necessarily true. When Floyd Mayweather jumped out of crowd and bloodied Big Shows nose live on PPV a few months ago I was genuinely shocked and marked like a 10 year old. I'm so glad I caught it live, without spoilers because it was legitimately out of the blue.

Well i can't read Rovert's mind, but i believe that was the point he was making. And in farness, for the most part, It would be true.

Again if you arent on the internet you would think most likely that the accident was real as you have no reason to believe otherwise.

True. But wouldn't you think it was a little suspicious that he rolled 300ft and only re-injured his collar bone? 300ft is a long way. Although i guess you wouldn't really question it.

Wow.. its crazy when you think how different your frame of mind would be if you were a wrestling fan that had never connected to the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DRakE wrote: »
    Cena @ #30 of the Royal Rumble made me go :eek: :eek: :eek: I marked out as I didnt see it coming in the slightest.. though after 5 minutes I remembered I hated him again :(

I was just like, "Oh god, he's back"
    Although hearing him getting booed out of the building on RAW the next night was awesome.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought the Royal Rumble was bloody brilliant. I marked out massively when Cena returned and when he won I was ecstatic. Then they went and ruined everything in the following weeks and I tore my hair out. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wow.. its crazy when you think how different your frame of mind would be if you were a wrestling fan that had never connected to the net.

You would be one of those marks who just never grew up, the ones who think the undertaker is in fact, dead.
    That Mysterio never takes his mask off or think Jeff Hardy is the coolest person alive.

I'm so glad i took the blue pill! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

1. Have Triple H lose the belt and never let him near it again, except to put the champ over.

2. Differentiate between female wrestlers and divas/valets. Female wrestlers, as trained fighters, should never be pinned by bimbos.

3. Bring back managers and valets. They help get over talent who are weak on the mic, can add to matches (as either through nefarious interferrence or by rallying the crowd behind the good guy), and could be used to bring back stables (as managers would compete against each other using their 'portfolios')

4. Bring back Stephanie as an on-air talent, but remove her from any position of responsibility.

5. Scrap the current 'all eggs in one basket' development system.

1Bring back Stephanie as an on-air talent

*Covers ears*

*Covers ears*
    Have her feud with Vickie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    5. Create a heel faction of Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase and Neidhart.

This was suppose to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

flahavaj wrote: »

you and me both, that was wonderful television

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

1/ Bring back the rock and fire rey mysterio.
    2/ Create some decent Strong factions, McMahon Helmsley style.
    3/ "Adultify" Raw somewhat.. Its not half as edgy as it once was.
    4/ Put JR back on Raw.
    5/ Push the breakthrough superstars to the next level , benjamin, MVP etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

Jettison HHH & Edge to the dark side of the moon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

1)Always end the show with a moment that makes people need to tune in next week.....when was the last time something in wrestling actually shocked???? you for me it was Kurt Angle showing up in TNA

2)Have turns that the fans don't see coming....like the above when did a turn happen that you didn't expect?....for me probably HHH on X-pac at WM 15

3) Give the talent the chance to show what they can do.

4) Drop the stupid comedy.

5) Completely divide the two rosters, even if it means renaming Smackdown and calling it Nitro. Then when a wrestler is swapped it will have a lot more meaning and will help create a sense of competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

1)Always end the show with a moment that makes people need to tune in next week.....when was the last time something in wrestling actually shocked???? you for me it was Kurt Angle showing up in TNA

2)Have turns that the fans don't see coming....like the above when did a turn happen that you didn't expect?....for me probably HHH on X-pac at WM 15

3) Give the talent the chance to show what they can do.

4) Drop the stupid comedy.

5) Completely divide the two rosters, even if it means renaming Smackdown and calling it Nitro. Then when a wrestler is swapped it will have a lot more meaning and will help create a sense of competition.

:rolleyes:Id say you are the only person not to have known that was gonna happen:p

• Advertisement

Again
    Dont take this the wrong way but here is some advice cancel your internet access and maybe unage 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

1. Bring back Kamala and let him pound the s**t out of Cena.
    2. Bring back Earthquake and Typhoon and let them pound the s**t out of Cena.
    3. Bring back Giant Gonzalez and let him pound the s**t out of Cena.
    4. Bring back Bastion Booger and let him pound the s**t out of Cena.
    5. Bring back Stephanie and her lovely big boobies.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

One of those is dead and another was on deathwatch recently and hasn't been able to walk for years

Fozzy wrote: »
    One of those is dead and another was on deathwatch recently and hasn't been able to walk for years

Yeah, the size of those things im surprised she could ever walk!:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

1. Strenghten the Brand Split, by removing all references to other brands, re-instating brand specific ppv's (except for Wrestlemania, King of the Ring, and Surivivor Series, without increasing the number of ppv's). Treat ECW as a minor promotion, using it to bring in fresh faces. No cross-overs ... ever.

2. One Yearly Draft. ECW does not get a draft pick but is assigned roster after others have picked.

3. Less scripting by creative. While some superstars are in need of scripted promos, there are others who's natural charisma is stunted by being restricted to what they have been told to say.

4. Strenghten belt divisons. Make sure there are at least three superstars able to challenge for each belt at anyone time. (ie three viable tag teams that could challenge for tag belts on a brand)

5. Seeing this already, but no harm in emphasising it; No McMahons on tv. (except for special rare occasions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

1- cut the number of PPVs...they could do away with every second 1 and still have enough. Take Wrestlemania as a example of how to do it correctly...They leave about 4 weeks between the last PPV and Wrestlemania. This leaves enough time to properly build fueds and give the fans a reason to want to watch the match. I would loved to have seen Batista/Cena with the right build up...but the whole run up to Summerslam just seemed rushed and didn't capture my imagination

2-Bring back the cruiserweights..there's ne reason the cruiserweight division can't succeed...just look at WCW (IMO one of the few things they did right) and TNA.

3-More emphasis on the Tag Teams... Again, done right, this could be excellant. Try to have more than 2 or 3 tag teams on each roster. Then showcase them every week on TV instead of useless matches nobody wants to see. There seems to be a lot of guys hanging around the mid-card lately doing nothing...FORM SOME TAG TEAMS!:eek:

4-Get rid of the Diva Search...Or if they need to keep it don't let them on TV (until they have a winner)..then send the winner to Florida to get some proper training (and possibly a good gimmick) before showcasing them on Raw or Smackdown

5-NO MORE WEDDINGS....AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH:eek::eek::eek:

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    2-Bring back the cruiserweights..there's ne reason the cruiserweight division can't succeed...just look at WCW (IMO one of the few things they did right) and TNA.
    Meh. You may want to find a better yardstick for measuring success.
    5-NO MORE WEDDINGS....AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH:eek::eek::eek:
    Personally, I can't wait for the inevitable arranged marriage storyline featuring Khali and Maria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

:D I lol'd.

Some people are taking this too seriously. So hat if someone wants a dead wrestler to wrestle again. The magic genie can make things happen. Did none of ye watch Alladin as a child?! Jesus, Robin Williams was on form there....

Anyway, I agree with Cactus Col's #4. It makes sense to have it that way. I really enjoyed the days of Hardy Boys, E&C and the Dudly's chasing the same title at the one time. That's just my view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Personally, I can't wait for the inevitable arranged marriage storyline featuring Khali and Maria.

Yep, he'd crush her on honeymoon, and then we'd have HHH coming out and branding him a murdered while he humps the corpse.

Oh wait, that's been done hasn't it? Ah well, at least that bug eyed bitch would be off my screens once and for all.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

1. Make the Brands compete. It's quite clear that there's absolutely no competition in pro wrestling at the moment so the WWE should create some by having RAW, Smackdown and ECW compete against each other (in kayfabe naturally). Have the GM's constantly trying to outdo the other as opposed to paying homage by copying their Main Event

2. Bring Back Trades Everybody likes the draft because it's nice and exciting. Trades would allow the WWE to refresh their brands in the middle of the year, cause massive excitement and help add to the brand competition

3. Unify the tag titlesHave one set of belts and let the competitive brands be represented by their tag teams. Their aren't really enough strong tag teams on any one brand to make the tag titles interesting but by combining the three you could easily get enough pooled talent

4. Bring back the dangerous finishers I want my Vertebreaker when Helms returns

5. Make Freddy Prinze Jr. a GM They have a decenty talented actor with movie experience on their books who clearly wants to get involved and they are letting him rot in the writing department. Put him on TV and let him rub shoulders with his idols and get rid of Adamle. He could combine it with his writing role if he wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bubs101 wrote: »

5. Make Freddy Prinze Jr. a GM They have a decenty talented actor with movie experience on their books who clearly wants to get involved and they are letting him rot in the writing department. Put him on TV and let him rub shoulders with his idols and get rid of Adamle. He could combine it with his writing role if he wanted

Freddy a talented actor:D The lad can not act out of his plastic bag, Sean Penn he is not! The talentless twit should be let nowhere near the TV screen seriously when it comes to actors why not get someone good and respected in his field:rolleyes:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Freddy a talented actor:D The lad can not act out of his plastic bag, Sean Penn he is not! The talentless twit should be let nowhere near the TV screen seriously when it comes to actors why not get someone good and respected in his field:rolleyes:

Please tell me those rolly eyes is about Adamele being on tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Rjd2 wrote: »

In fairness you have to be realistic. The Rock is the most succesfull actor to come out of the WWE and as great as he is, he can't act his way out of a paper bag. Freddy Prinze would make everybody else in the WWE look so amateurish compared to him

Advertisement