Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interleaving.

Options
  • 28-08-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone has any information about this, I know it's been turned up for all the new upgrades. But is this a permanent fix by eircom or will it be back normal anytime soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

e-Mo0? wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any information about this, I know it's been turned up for all the new upgrades. But is this a permanent fix by eircom or will it be back normal anytime soon?

the 2-> 3 upgrade should still have low interleaving or fathpath, anything higher was put was high interleaving meaning 45-55 ms ping times to irish servers.. Pretty ridiculous.
    Eircom have said there working on a solution to fix this however the majority of games have already downgraded back to 3.

If you want my opinion they wont move the 3+ MB packages back down as it will cause massive line problems for many users on the network!

Just a shoddy "upgrade" with a shoddy infrastructure

Eircon cant do nothing but fail...

A email i got a few weeks ago said theyre working on a solution to fix the latency problems.. hard to believe tho

Advertisement