Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Meteor webtext bundles, possible?

• 28-08-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Have looked through other threads and haven't managed to find an answer to this.

Is it possible to buy extra bundles of webtexts once your 300 per month has run out? I'm in Spain, and never to far away from a computer but can't really stomach the 35c text rates back home on my Spanish phone and whatever meteor charge too. I'm almost sure this was possible with 02?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no it's not possible i'm afraid. o2 will let you keep using the texts once they run out and charge you standard rates but meteor won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

stick 20 meteor into your phone and download cabbage, use cabbage once your 300 webtexts are gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

do you mean use the sms discount etc part? Otherwise, cabbage won't work when the webtext allowance is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

yes actually thats what I meant but forgot about your monthly quota. I knew I was too quick off the mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

another way of getting around this would just be to use someone elses free texts when you've used up your own. just tell the person to reply to your phone. You could even get a free sim from meteor to do this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement