Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating in Galway

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

this is 2008 and if us women want equal rights then we have too play a equal game, so make a move and ask him
    And do equal work, lift equal weights ETC. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

DRakE wrote: »
    And do equal work, lift equal weights ETC. :mad:

equal work, as a single mother of two daughters who i have singled handed brought up with no financial or emotional support ( he died in a road accident )
    i have just came too ireland too give my children a better life, i bought a house in salthill, i financially support myself have my own business..
    women do work equally

mmm drake a apt name... while the female duck does all the work lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

you have my sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Brian, you are so right, they have no balls. On my way out the door. Heres to a good nite hopefully. :)

How did it go???

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

To the original poster...

Asking where to find eligible (correct spelling?) partners in Galway shows that you're asking the wrong question. You should be asking deeper questions about yourself and where you want to be in life. Don't worry about finding a partner to keep you entertained, they'll appear when you really focus on living a quality life.

I know this sounds a bit wishy-washy, bit in my opinon it's true.

• Advertisement

Someone should hold a Sci Fi Con in Galway. That way the women can stop complaining and take their pick from the hundreds of single men who attend.

I'm heading out on the town tonight so ... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Someone should hold a Sci Fi Con in Galway. That way the women can stop complaining and take their pick from the hundreds of single men who attend.

<shameless plug>

www.ItzaconEire.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

oooh,will there be magic the gathering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Brian, you are so right, they have no balls. On my way out the door. Heres to a good nite hopefully. :)

On my way over to Galway this afternoon with 14 lads for a stag party.... ahem, I mean a social gathering to wish the best to our really lucky mate who is getting married :pac:

15 sets of balls coming your way (that are not from Galway) :P

<-- I'll get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Sounds good...interesting the way this thread has morphed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

In answer to your question-my place!! See? thats why Im in the same boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Lads, go learn some Salsa dancing,
    Girls, go do Salsa Dancing, the lads should know it atleast,
    Have fun and see what happens,
    Bull**** trying to meet people in anyother way,

Works for me,

P.S Cude on Wednesday nights they have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 peterjohnmc

Hi all

I know this isn't quite related but a friend of mine works nights in the 24 garage on the headford road by the Pillo Hotel. He hates all things sci-fi, say's it's all geeky nerdy bollox, which in some cases is actually true.

However it's so easy to wind him up about it, so if you are ever there late at night please please please fell free to say anything geek related to him. Along the lines of "live long and prosper" "may the force be with you" or even that Vulcan V shape hand gesture, just go nuts.

If one person does it, he'll be perturbed but if people continually call him geeky names and treat him like a nerd it will wind him up beyond belief (don't worry he is behind bullet proof glass) which I can assure you will be very very funny, for both you at the time and for me and my group of friends who will hear all about it at great length down the pub.

Thank you

Hi all

I know this isn't quite related but a friend of mine works nights in the 24 garage on the headford road by the Pillo Hotel. He hates all things sci-fi, say's it's all geeky nerdy bollox, which in some cases is actually true.

However it's so easy to wind him up about it, so if you are ever there late at night please please please fell free to say anything geek related to him. Along the lines of "live long and prosper" "may the force be with you" or even that Vulcan V shape hand gesture, just go nuts.

If one person does it, he'll be perturbed but if people continually call him geeky names and treat him like a nerd it will wind him up beyond belief (don't worry he is behind bullet proof glass) which I can assure you will be very very funny, for both you at the time and for me and my group of friends who will hear all about it at great length down the pub.

Thank you

Guh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Lads, go learn some Salsa dancing,
    Girls, go do Salsa Dancing, the lads should know it atleast,
    Have fun and see what happens,
    Bull**** trying to meet people in anyother way,

Works for me,

P.S Cude on Wednesday nights they have it.

That would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Ok, as a single lady in Galway, Ive noticed as of late, how increasingly hard it is to meet any eligible partners in the city. Without making me sound like carrie bradshaw, but is it me? Or where does all the single people hang out in Galway? Im sick of the niteclubs where you go and be leered at by drunken twats. Im in my mid 20's but feeling old going to those clubs anymore. What do people think?? By the way, not looking for a date from this. lol :)

Irish women in general have expectations that border on unrealistic. Unfortunately disco culture is the main part of Galways nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

The clubs and societies in NUIG!;)

what if you are not a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Might have been a student 3 years ago when the thread was live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

Ya another singleton in Galway city - honestly cant find anyone decent. Usually drunk ejits who think its ok to try and cop a feel. Havent been near a nightclub in 2 months cos of the whole meat market vibe i get from them.

So i've stopped even trying, atm i'm ok being single, better than being used by lads who tell you they're single, only to find out that they are in long term relationships. Nice :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Ya another singleton in Galway city - honestly cant find anyone decent. Usually drunk ejits who think its ok to try and cop a feel. Havent been near a nightclub in 2 months cos of the whole meat market vibe i get from them.

So i've stopped even trying, atm i'm ok being single, better than being used by lads who tell you they're single, only to find out that they are in long term relationships. Nice :rolleyes:

Just in the door from a late night bar and I totally agree with you .It's at a stage where lately I'm finding the whole going out scene to bar/clubs in Galway fairly crap now because of the sheer drunkeness and sleazyness of almost everyone in sight.Don't get me wrong,I like going out and having a few drinks too many like the next man but some of things I see going on in these places are beyond belief.And before anyone thinks I'm just another ol' one ranting about the today's generation ,I'm only 23 years old.Me thinks I'm going to be having more watching DVDs whilst eating junk food nights in from now on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Wonders if the Opening Poster is married by now or even still living in Galway lol ??!!
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, we'll end here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement