Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anti Virus!!

• 28-08-2008 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey just wondering-I bought one of the quinn school laptops last year(when i was going into first year) and the anti virus software has now expired! I was wondering is there anywhere online that ucd provide a link to upgrade this or do we have to pay ourselves!

Cheers in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just download AVG, it's free and just as good as the ones you pay an arm and a leg for. Spybot search and destroy is a nice one to have also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

is it Sophos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 steoucd

If you log onto your UCD Connect account then click on the IT Services tab there's a box on the left of the page where you can download the latest version of Sophos for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Just download AVG, it's free and just as good as the ones you pay an arm and a leg for. Spybot search and destroy is a nice one to have also.
    +1

Don't pay money for anti-virus software. The free ones on the internet, like AVG or Avast, are just as good if not better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Sophos is actually the most trouble-free one I've used, and UCD's site license allows it to be installed on any laptop. I've used ClamAV too which is free, but no on-access scanning, so I wouldn't recommend it for the casual user.

Sophos is available for Macs also, but I wouldn't personally bother with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

+1 for Sophos, I had trouble updating AVG in UCD. Never tried very hard mind you.

Advertisement