Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty points or no penalty points??

Options
  • 28-08-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Got done for speeding, wont start ranting bout its a bloody motorway and shouldnt be feckin 80km/h, :D,,anyhows, paid the fine, question is do i now have penalty points, do they send you out a statement or something about how many you have or is it asusmed that i just have some, and do i have to notify the insurance company?? CHeers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You get a letter showing you have 2 points for speeding.
    The insurance company won't care about just 2 so you might as well tell them imo. If you have a crash and it turns out you didn't it may be tricky getting money off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's not going to affect your insurance premium, but tell them. You could be done for non disclosure if you don't specify if you have penalty points.

Advertisement