Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anticipated Albums

• 28-08-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

With 2 highly anticipated albums coming over the next few months (AC/DC and Metallica), and the possibility of maybe the most anticipated album ever (Chinese Democracy) coming out next year, I was wondering what album people haved looked forward to in the past and what they thought of it when they got it.

For me, I was really looking forward to Libertad by Velvet Revolver last summer. Thought it was great when I first got it (about 2 weeks before release) but them more I listened the less I liked it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The one that springs to mind for me straight away was Dark Passion Play by Nightwish. I was curious to see how their first studio album with the new singer would turn out. I was certainly very happy with the result :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I remember waiting for Back In Black to come out so I could here what Bon Scotts replacement sounded like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keel08

i couldn't wait for cannibal corpse 'Kill' and wasn't disappointed.
    can't wait for the new toxic holocaust and darkthrone (why do so many give out about this band) albums. i have also heard whispers of a new Morbid angel album out early next year, if true excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Oscholar

Most anticipated album at the moment is 'Death Magnetic'. I'm still looking forward to 'Chinese Democracy', whenever it is eventually released. The leaked songs i've heard are pretty good but not like classic G N' R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

With 2 highly anticipated albums coming over the next few months (AC/DC and Metallica), and the possibility of maybe the most anticipated album ever (Chinese Democracy) coming out next year, I was wondering what album people haved looked forward to in the past and what they thought of it when they got it.

For me, I was really looking forward to Libertad by Velvet Revolver last summer. Thought it was great when I first got it (about 2 weeks before release) but them more I listened the less I liked it

Libertad was awful. Only about 2 good songs on it. And as for "Chinese Democracy" ever seeing the light of day....? I seriously doubt it!? I don't think it will ever get released..? A reunion of the classic AFD line-up is more likely!

• Advertisement
Advertisement