Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Real Saturday Spin:Aug 30th

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Nice pics. The one with names on roads - if thats outside Djouce woods, that nearly killed me. Only thing that helped me was to use each name as a marker to pace myself. Well done on a big spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Green jersey looking good on ya Tom!
    It looked very well indeed on him, felt like we were out with a pro on a spin!

@ROK_ON- Djouce was indeed where it was, it is a steep bugger of a climb, I have often nearly abdicated my cycling career on it; well done to get up it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

€60 well spent i say. that other thread is full of tight arses! :P

i just have to draw attention to this yolk:
    Profile.png

look at that. i'm well pleased with it. there is no flats at all. no wonder i'm wrecked. and that's why tomorrow's spin will be as flat as i can make it.

@blorg - thanks for the photos. i'm internetfamous. how do you do the thumbnail thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    €60 well spent i say. that other thread is full of tight arses! :P

I agree -hope to get my hands on one sometime -just not sure how at this point in time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Great pictures Blorg-if only I had caught that sheep I would have had some company for tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

emty wrote: »
    Great pictures Blorg-if only I had caught that sheep I would have had some company for tonight!

Awh man, that's just Baa-d -bet you're feeling sheepish now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

thanks for the flat spin (cough cough) yesterday guys, wil do again another time.......congrats on doin the full spin, me & kenmc nearly ended up on a bonnet of a mad woman's car when we turned off, v.lucky to escape it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It looks really good, now I want one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Never made this one after annoying you friday evening with a couple of texts blorg - ended up going on a decent spin with a mate around 5pm. Got bitten horribly by the ridiculous swarms of flies and then crossing the featherbeds a bunch of complete scummers pulled up in a van alongside us and chucked a small rock point blank at my mate which thankfully he got away with relatively unscathed.

Not fun, not fun at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

a bunch of complete scummers

there were loads of little ****es around yesterday for some reason. a few of them in a bloody glanza (or something) tried to push me off the bike on the way down from glencree (they'd failed). brings out the authoritarian fascist in me. camps. camps are the answer... not summer camps either. the other kind. with chimneys.

sorry, i'm quite tired and grumpy at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Never made this one after annoying you friday evening with a couple of texts blorg - ended up going on a decent spin with a mate around 5pm. Got bitten horribly by the ridiculous swarms of flies and then crossing the featherbeds a bunch of complete scummers pulled up in a van alongside us and chucked a small rock point blank at my mate which thankfully he got away with relatively unscathed.

Not fun, not fun at all...
    shocking, total ****

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

niceonetom wrote: »
    there were loads of little ****es around yesterday for some reason. a few of them in a bloody glanza (or something) tried to push me off the bike on the way down from glencree (they'd failed). brings out the authoritarian fascist in me. camps. camps are the answer... not summer camps either. the other kind. with chimneys.

sorry, i'm quite tired and grumpy at the minute.

jerks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yeah, I was just ahead and Tom called out enough for me to look at them which I think dissuaded them. If I had known what they had done they would have got the water bottle (oh for a U-Lock :D)

Advertisement