Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta download available!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Don't think I'll bother with my 1mb connection. I'll just /wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Let it go overnight Jim?
    Im getting it down at 320kbps atm on 3 meg line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Jesus this is getting hard to resist but i wanna do well in my final year of college. The Best MMO ive ever played is DAOC and this is shaping up to be a real rival to it if not an equal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll download this tomorrow night. Can't bloody wait to play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There is a torrent option, and you've got till Sept 7th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

For those of you patching, its not big at all. Like 5 mins, maybe less. I'm on 3mb so its probly gonna be quicker for most of ye.

Wasnt the original download 8gb? The patch definitely wasnt 4gb. Unless the patching that was done after the initial download was. Didnt feel like it though

Duuuuude!
    You download the WARPatcher first and you run that each time (unless its different for this open beta). So you can continue it whenever you want.

dooo it
    dooo it
    dooo it
    dooo it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KoKane wrote: »
    For those of you patching, its not big at all. Like 5 mins, maybe less. I'm on 3mb so its probly gonna be quicker for most of ye.

Wasnt the original download 8gb? The patch definitely wasnt 4gb. Unless the patching that was done after the initial download was. Didnt feel like it though

Original client was 9gig, the latest patch was about 15 megs of small bug fixes, mostly for the GOA CSRs clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Downloading now. :pac:

Am i missing something here?
    I just saw this posted on only war forum,cant i play it once download is complete?

"Go grab it http://www.war-europe.com/#/clientdl/?lang=enl :nightgoblinfanatic: Nowhere to put in the codes yet as far as I can see, but theres still a week to go :)"

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Am i missing something here?
    I just saw this posted on only war forum,cant i play it once download is complete?

"Go grab it http://www.war-europe.com/#/clientdl/?lang=enl :nightgoblinfanatic: Nowhere to put in the codes yet as far as I can see, but theres still a week to go :)"

Open beta begins Sept 7th. And there's nowhere to create the game accounts yet anyway.

That explains it, over excitement over now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

how big is the enitre download from start to finish? i heared 9gb..

also might as well dump tis question in.. would it be to late to buy the preorder packs from HMV or other soruces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Damn, got up this morning to find it stopped at 30%. A network connection problem that I still haven't fixed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

When is WAR actually released? It says 18th of September on Play.com, if thats so does that mean there is only 11 days of open beta testing? Is it better off getting those preorder packs from HMV and can you play them straight away or is it the same 11 days before release?

(sorry im a n00b when it comes to beta testing :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

That 'ing downloader did my head in last night. Kept throwing up the same error after maybe 30 seconds. Thankfully someone had torrented the file by then, and I was able to get it that way. Overnight download, so I'll see about actually installing it later today.

Downloaded overnight but the download program had some weird white screen when i turned on the monitor,text was all jumbled up.
    I could see 100% done but ciould not see an install icon or tab anywhere :(
    I found the wareuopenbeta folder but no way to install,all i see is .bin files.

Downloaded overnight but the download program had some weird white screen when i turned on the monitor,text was all jumbled up.

The downloader should perform the extraction and start the installer, but the latest downloader seems to have some major issues.

I couldn't get it to work at all .. not for more than maybe 30 seconds at a stretch anyway.

When is WAR actually released? It says 18th of September on Play.com, if thats so does that mean there is only 11 days of open beta testing? Is it better off getting those preorder packs from HMV and can you play them straight away or is it the same 11 days before release?

(sorry im a n00b when it comes to beta testing :pac:)

Full release is Sept 18th. With the CE headstart you get in on Sept 14th. With SE preorder from certain retailers you get in on Sept 15th. Both of these headstarts are still open to change and may be one day less.

The open beta is from Sept 7th to the 12th.

• Advertisement

How confirmed is the 14th for the headstart? Or is that a best guess at this point in time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I had exactly that problem. I end tasked the downloader, and reopened the downloader. It did a file checking thing, seemed to stop at 99%, but when I checked in the directory it had created an installer exe, so I just ran that and it seemed to install fine.

How confirmed is the 14th for the headstart? Or is that a best guess at this point in time?

Originally the CE was to be a three day headstart. Then the US added a three day headstart to the SE and another day to the CE to compensate. GOA have said they will definitely still meet the original headstart and intend to match the extra ones given in the US. Hence it's not quote rock solid, but very likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

downloaded and installed, now just to wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Spear wrote: »
    Full release is Sept 18th. With the CE headstart you get in on Sept 14th. With SE preorder from certain retailers you get in on Sept 15th. Both of these headstarts are still open to change and may be one day less.

The open beta is from Sept 7th to the 12th.
    The beta is only for 5 days? Granted, they probably know what they're doing, but I would of thought they'd have given themselves a little more time for the open beta and more time between then end of the beta and the game start, in case of some major cock up of some kind.

Maybe Conan has just given me a pessimistic streak.

humanji wrote: »
    The beta is only for 5 days? Granted, they probably know what they're doing, but I would of thought they'd have given themselves a little more time for the open beta and more time between then end of the beta and the game start, in case of some major cock up of some kind.

Maybe Conan has just given me a pessimistic streak.

It's mostly for stress testing of the servers rather than bug finding, and the US preview weekend has already given them three days worth of data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

gonna try before I buy and be more weary then with AoC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, but my thinking is, what happens if the servers can't take the load? Bugs can be patched over time, but if the servers can't take the strain then they are buggered. Granted, it's unlikely, but better safe than sorry, and all that.

Well I think depending on the stress, they up the specs. The stress test will let them know that all their servers will whatever specs at least.
    Kinda like that anyhow.

• Advertisement

CE headstart on the 14th has been confirmed on the warhammeralliance forums by one of the Mythic lads.

Advertisement