Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta download available!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So thought I would download a gig or 2 of the client before heading back to dublin on monday so I don't destroy my flats D/L limit.

Currently downloading at 1kbp/s...no wait....0kb/s

Thanks 3 mobile :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

decided to take the plunge and pre-order. Thing is i've avoided all information about it but willing to give it a try regardless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

All 8.4GB's downloaded and installed, now just waiting to play! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

zekiel wrote: »
    All 8.4GB's downloaded and installed, now just waiting to play! :D

There's a few megs of patches for you to get yet, but won't be able to do so until the account management page is ready, which should be this coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Once its not anything like age of conan, I think I'll be fine! .. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

zekiel wrote: »
    Once its not anything like age of conan, I think I'll be fine! .. :D

Only about 20 megs so far, and beta will be patchable to final, unlike AoC. The beta clients available currently seem to be based on phase 3.3. There is also a 3.4 under test in the US elder testers program, but I don't know how big that is.

Apparently there's another 3 gigs of voice files to released yet.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en98&lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Anyone find a torrent yet, not having great luck with the downloader. :mad:

R0ot wrote: »
    Anyone find a torrent yet, not having great luck with the downloader. :mad:

It's in the link above you, but just in case.

http://download.goa.com/war/clientdl/wareuopenbeta.torrent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The downloader is not the best,i had to download three times but eventually got it down and installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Dcully wrote: »
    The downloader is not the best,i had to download three times but eventually got it down and installed.

Indeed, kind of annoying that my closed beta copy wouldn't just .... update (as update engines are supposed to do) so I just did a download of the open beta.

Besides being flakey as f00k, lo and behold I can't install WAR due to corrupt files being extracted. Oh. F*cking. Joy. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can post Rapidshare links for the closed beta client if anyone wants. According to the official site, it should automatically update to the open beta client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

12.4% wooohoo!

>>

15.3%!! 11 1/2 hours to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The downloader is fairly pants. I started downloading last week and only finished now after many, many restarts. I can only assume now that it won't install :D

humanji wrote: »
    The downloader is fairly pants. I started downloading last week and only finished now after many, many restarts. I can only assume now that it won't install :D

Stay away from the downloader. The one used in betas seemed much better than the recent one. Torrents are the way on this one.

Spear wrote: »
    Stay away from the downloader. The one used in betas seemed much better than the recent one. Torrents are the way on this one.
    thats what im using myself

DanOB wrote: »
    thats what im using myself

its giving me amazing speeds aswell, currently on 20.2% after 3hours 16mins work, which personally i dont think is half bad.. i figure ill be switching it off at about 45-50% and will get the rest downloaded tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I was using the torrents as well. Was peaking at about 600k to 700k download speeds :) I got the whole thing as an overnight download.

I was using the torrents as well. Was peaking at about 600k to 700k download speeds :) I got the whole thing as an overnight download.
    ah no.. mine clocked it at 300k, now its floating around the 270 mark.. :(

As did i on a two meg line using Rapidshare :D

• Advertisement

i'm using bitlord, its what im used to sure

45%.. ahead of schedule!

50% half way there baby!

Right, I've downloaded and installed and I'm being asked to enter my uisername and password. I assumed this would be the beta access username and password that you created on the Warhammer Europe site. The only poroblem is, I've no idea what it is. I can't find any emails from the site saying the account was created, and I can't find anywhere on the site that will let me find out what it is.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Right, I've downloaded and installed and I'm being asked to enter my uisername and password. I assumed this would be the beta access username and password that you created on the Warhammer Europe site. The only poroblem is, I've no idea what it is. I can't find any emails from the site saying the account was created, and I can't find anywhere on the site that will let me find out what it is.

As far as I know, you can't create an account yet,won't be able to for another few days.

well if your looking for the www.war-europe.com login info theres a forget button right underneath where you login, just need to look closely :)

Nah, I saw that, but I was talking about the beta registration page. I can't find any way onto the page. All I can do is re-register.

I tried the username and password that I have for the war-europe site, but it just says "starting product patch" and does nothing. It also says and does the exact same thing no matter what I type into the boxes.

Hmm, i've downloaded and installed the game, but i've got a problem now. I can run the game through WAR.exe, but i get an authentications failure error. Fair enough, no servers up at the moment. But when i run Warpatch.exe, nothing happens. Looks like its about to start, then doesnt do anything.

Sounds like the same problem I'm having. Does the patcher do the exact same thing no matter what username and password you enter?

I dont even get to enter a username and password. I run warpatch.exe, and nothing happens. Trying a reinstall now.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

That's whats happening to me too. I believe we have to wait until the account management page is up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Does anyone have those rapidshare links for the open (or closed) beta so I can start a day or 2 of non stop downloading..woohoo

Advertisement