Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta download available!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

b0bsquish wrote: »
    Does anyone have those rapidshare links for the open (or closed) beta so I can start a day or 2 of non stop downloading..woohoo

Is the torrent not an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Alas its not really, Im on one of those regional wireless groups :mad: (Thanks errorcom) and torrents arnt really an option.
    I could download the torrent at work, but thats never the best idea really.

edit: Nevermind Ive found some rapidshare links!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I downloaded it via the rapidshare links, and it installed fine. Had some issues with patching it last night, but i dont know if thats due to the version i downloaded or not. Didnt get to finish patching either, as i needed sleep. Will do that tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im gonna plug my laptop straight into y 20 meg ntl modem tonight and just download it overnight.

everyone still getting decent speeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Kiith wrote: »
    I downloaded it via the rapidshare links, and it installed fine. Had some issues with patching it last night, but i dont know if thats due to the version i downloaded or not. Didnt get to finish patching either, as i needed sleep. Will do that tonight.
    b0bsquish wrote: »
    Alas its not really, Im on one of those regional wireless groups :mad: (Thanks errorcom) and torrents arnt really an option.
    I could download the torrent at work, but thats never the best idea really.

edit: Nevermind Ive found some rapidshare links!

Can you point me in the direction of the rapidshare links please ?

Ive got a question. I havent pre-ordered - is there any point in downloading the beta ? Will I be able to play it if I aint pre-ordered ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tusky wrote: »
    Can you point me in the direction of the rapidshare links please ?

Ive got a question. I havent pre-ordered - is there any point in downloading the beta ? Will I be able to play it if I aint pre-ordered ?

You can at least patch the open beta client to final. You only save on installing it from disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

hmm..just started re-downloading it as a torrent from 58%, only achieving speeds of 50k as apposed to the 300k i was receiving yesterday :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

download completed and installed. Do you get to set up an account now or?

Woden wrote: »
    download completed and installed. Do you get to set up an account now or?

Not yet, but probably within the next day or so.

just checked back on the torrent, getting speeds of 250k now, thanks be to jesus

edit:

anyone know what the stories gonna be when the final product is launched? will we be able to patch the open beta client as you beta testers are doin with the closed?

• Advertisement

DanOB wrote: »
    just checked back on the torrent, getting speeds of 250k now, thanks be to jesus

edit:

anyone know what the stories gonna be when the final product is launched? will we be able to patch the open beta client as you beta testers are doin with the closed?

Both closed and open can patch to final.

I'm having problems with mine now. It doesnt seem to want to patch up. I run the warpatch.exe and nothing at all happens. Balls, i dont want to have to download it again.

I'm having problems with mine now. It doesnt seem to want to patch up. I run the warpatch.exe and nothing at all happens. Balls, i dont want to have to download it again.

The patcher address it points to isn't active yet, it's different from the closed beta one, and you don't have an account that can be used to patch anyway.

Aren't some people able to enter a username and password? I dont even get to that.

im downloading at 1500kbps now.

says its gonna take an hour and a half for the whole thing.sweet!

if this stops at 50% ill go ballistic

copeyhagen wrote: »
    im downloading at 1500kbps now.

says its gonna take an hour and a half for the whole thing.sweet!

if this stops at 50% ill go ballistic

My 4mb broadband is downloading at 45kbps for some reason :(

Dont suppose you fancy burning it for me ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Aren't some people able to enter a username and password? I dont even get to that.

I downloaded and installed.

(This is from memory)
    When I run the Game, I get a screen that shows War Patching with a play / cancel buttons. The green bar goes the whole way across but looks like it isnt connecting.

If I hit cancel I get a little box that asks for my Username \ Password and if I want to save my details etc

You should be seeing something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

I've managed to get a nice clean download (overnight) and a clean first time install. Now when I follow the instructions;

To register for Open Beta:
    - Visit the Mythic Entertainment Account Management (https://accounts.eamythic.com/) website.
    - Create a new Warhammer Online game account.
    - When prompted, enter your Open Beta code.*
    - Download the open beta client from Fileplanet.com. You will be required to create a free FilePlanet account and input your open beta code to access the file.
    * Your Open Beta code can be found on the card in your pre-order box or in your pre-order confirmation email. If you have previously entered your Open Beta code in the Beta Center, you will need to enter it again when you create your WAR game account at the new account management site.

I get an INVALID CODE when I enter my Open Beta Code from my Pre-Order box. There are a couple of chars in the code which could be either a B or 8 or a D or O but I think I've tried all possible combinations. Any else manage to create their a/c?

Tusky wrote: »
    My 4mb broadband is downloading at 45kbps for some reason :(

Dont suppose you fancy burning it for me ? :D

forgot to check it this mornin to make sure it hadnt failed.

if its 100% ill burn it for you if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

JesterWX wrote: »
    I've managed to get a nice clean download (overnight) and a clean first time install. Now when I follow the instructions;

- Visit the Mythic Entertainment Account Management (https://accounts.eamythic.com/) website.
    - Download the open beta client from Fileplanet.com. You will be required to create a free FilePlanet account and input your open beta code to access the file.
    * Your Open Beta code can be found on the card in your pre-order box or in your pre-order confirmation email. If you have previously entered your Open Beta code in the Beta Center, you will need to enter it again when you create your WAR game account at the new account management site.

I get an INVALID CODE when I enter my Open Beta Code from my Pre-Order box. There are a couple of chars in the code which could be either a B or 8 or a D or O but I think I've tried all possible combinations. Any else manage to create their a/c?

Mythic is for USA players.

war-europe.com is where euro players need to go to register, but the account page is not set up yet.

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    forgot to check it this mornin to make sure it hadnt failed.

if its 100% ill burn it for you if you want.

That would be seriously helpful. I'll replace/pay for postage/dvds.

JesterWX wrote: »

This is for America NOT Europe, as far as I am aware

Sorry didnt see the above answer.

installing mine now :)

ok, well i got it installed, although an error message popped up towards the end telling me that their was a corrupted file, after twice retrying to install the file, twice aborting and starting the install again, i ignored the file and installed the remainding files..

now i have the login screen for the patcher, thanks be to jesus..

im just worried about the error now and if it will effect my game

When you have the game installed you have an option to "check all your files"
    Run it and check

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Managed to nab the last CE in Gamestop on Liffey Street today luckily enough. Can't wait to try out the beta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

yargh with BT ****ty connection speeds at the moment dosent look like ill have the game downloaded befor OB starts.. might as well just wait till game goes live and install from cd.. 3 days on now and only have 5% :(

toxick wrote: »
    yargh with BT ****ty connection speeds at the moment dosent look like ill have the game downloaded befor OB starts.. might as well just wait till game goes live and install from cd.. 3 days on now and only have 5% :(

If you can find someone local with a copy of client you can just get a copy of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Same problem here toxic, rapidshare has pretty much all of the links to the client deeming them as "illegal" and I only had about 600mb on that left, Ive turned to the torrent, after an entire day I have a stunning 8% downloaded.

Does anyone know how the the downloads from the ea store are? They have a preorder listed as being released this weekend, could be an easier to download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Check to see if you have the right ports open. uTorrent checks that for you I think.

Advertisement