Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta download available!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Hope the torrent speeds up was cruising around 100kbps (1mb line) at the start but than jumped to 25kbps.

That downloader on the GOA website really was a piece of crap!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm surprised EA haven't sent out the beta codes yet, they are leaving it a little late. People are actually canceling their orders with EA at this point, getting it from D2D and getting codes immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

EA's turned into a bit of a joke after this..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DanOB wrote: »
    EA's turned into a bit of a joke after this..

Wait until you find out that you can only download something from the EAStore for 6 months. Anything after that and you have to pay more to get it increased to 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Where do you guys live?

Im sure we could arrange something if you live in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

oh i found that out already.. thats why i didnt purchase it there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm surprised EA haven't sent out the beta codes yet, they are leaving it a little late. People are actually canceling their orders with EA at this point, getting it from D2D and getting codes immediately.
    They have however dropped the price by £5 which i won't complain about!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Where do you guys live?

Im sure we could arrange something if you live in Dublin

Dublin south of toll bridge!! :D

If I finally get this download, do I have to uninstall the beta and reinstall when I pick up the game in a store on the 18th :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

wideband wrote: »
    Dublin south of toll bridge!! :D

If I finally get this download, do I have to uninstall the beta and reinstall when I pick up the game in a store on the 18th :confused:

I believe the beta can be patched to final client so you wont have to install again.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Thanks Tusky,

makes it more worth while then :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Not sure how that works, I think you need a code from pre-ordering in order to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Spear wrote: »
    Wait until you find out that you can only download something from the EAStore for 6 months. Anything after that and you have to pay more to get it increased to 2 years.

Or the only having 3 installs of a game then not being able to install it again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KoKane wrote: »
    Not sure how that works, I think you need a code from pre-ordering in order to do that?

You'll need a beta key to play in the beta. When you patch to final, you'll probably need to enter your cd key from the back of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Still no account creation available, wtf?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im confused,on the war europe site it has section for registering for open beta and something about first you have to register on war site to recieve newsletter,below this is an area that generates a code [one of them webbie security code thingys].
    The thing is im seeing no code only an error code.

So am i right in thinking i need to register on this site before i can use the code for open beta that i got with pre order?
    Is this seperate from creating an actual war account?

Logging into the site with your account is disabled while they do this new account management part, so registering is removed too.

It's a joke that the account creation is not up yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wreck wrote: »
    It's a joke that the account creation is not up yet.

There's something like 150,000 people with open beta keys in the EU now, and still no site? It's just a tad worrying by this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Spear wrote: »
    It's just a tad worrying by this point.
    That's a bit of an understatement. As per usual in gaming its the screw-job for EU gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have downloaded it twice from their site, both times the install files are corrupt. anybody else getting this?

• Advertisement

They really need to replace the hamster used to power the war-europe site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

whatduck wrote: »
    They really need to replace the hamster used to power the war-europe site.

A Warhamster? :D

warhamster.jpg

Haha, ye something like that except about 80 years older, weak at the knees and slightly incontinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Don't go knocking the 80 year olds. Just think about Cohen the Barbarian. Thats 80 years worth of being a barbarian experience, and he's still alive because he's VERY VERY GOOD at it :)

I hate shoop!

On topic: still no working accounts page on war-europe, I really hope GOA pull their heads out before Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deadlobster

2 days (lol) before open beta and no login to be seen. It gives me an eerie feeling

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This really is getting dodgy. Has anyone from Mythic/GOA had anything to say about it? Also, EA...where the hell is my beta code?

The English community manager, Ian C has this to say over on the Warhammer Alliance Forums
    IanC Goa wrote:
    Just to set a few things straight.
    I'm not dodging questions. The last news we gave about the account centre was that it would be up this week. That hasn't changed. I've answered that question with that information many, many times. People have asked why I can't just admit there's a problem and the simple answer is because it isn't true. We're rolling things out on schedule and in time for the demand. I've not been given a precise time which is why I haven't been able to give you more information than what has already been said, however that is not indicative of a problem.

I know you're all eager to get started and impatient to see what is coming and we don't intend to disappoint. If things don't work and we don't deliver on our promises then we'll certainly deserve some blame, right now however there is no crisis and we are seeing things come together nicely.

He also further clarifies in another post that the validation/account management page will be up before the open beta servers come up on Sunday.

It all seems a little strange to me.

Fair enough, cutting it fckin tight tho!

• Advertisement

Well the wait is almost over. Account creation will be up in the morning and the servers will come online early afternoon. From the War Europe Site

Advertisement